Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Andy Murray - Wimbledon CHAMPION

Post by dan-electro »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
kjblack wrote:In fairness to the English the last British Wimbledon winner, Fred Perry, is always described as British, not English. I look forward to wearing Andy Murray polo shirts.
The flag-waving gesture by Alex Salmond was crass and immature. No wonder he wants to give the Scottish Independence vote to 16/17 year olds.
The last Brit to win Wimbledon wasn't Fred either. Virginia Wade seems to have been overlooked??

Was Alex Salmond as crass and immature as David Cameron waving the Union Flag at the Wimbledon Olympic Final the year before??? Shurely not?

At least the Scottish Government wants to engage young people with politics.
They're mature enough to pay taxes, National Insurance, get married, have children, join the Army/Navy/Air Force and die for their country.
Yet they're not mature enough to get a say in who is running(?) the country!!!!!!!!
That's right Virginia Wade was the last Brit in 1977 and Anne Jones in 1969 also were the female champions. As regards Male champions Perry was the last in 1936. I totally agree if your old enough to pay tax your old enough to vote, if your contributing to society you have the right to a say in what happens. The thing about Murray is that he isn't a product of British tennis, the LTA had nothing to do with his development (thank god), thankfully his mother sent him to the same Tennis school as Nadal and others in Spain. The LTA are a disgrace the amount a money they have and they produce nothing, it's embarrassing. :smt009
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Should 16/17 year olds have the right to vote when they don't have the right to buy cigarettes, get served in a pub or watch 18 certificate movies? Probably yes, but the fact is the SNP only want their vote on a single issue which could have a momentous effect on people of all ages. In fact, I think everyone in Britain, not just Scots, should have a vote on Scottish Independence since it affects everyone in Britain.
I don't think David Cameron waving the Union flag at a British Olympic success was crass or immature. It wasn't a political gesture while Salmond's was. I doubt any of it matters that much anyway, Andy Murray won for himself first and foremost. The rest of us just get to enjoy watching it and then argue over who he won it for.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

kjblack wrote:I don't think David Cameron waving the Union flag at a British Olympic success was crass or immature. It wasn't a political gesture while Salmond's was.
The whole London Olympics was a political gesture!!!!!
Politically motivated and funded to benefit the South East of England, to the detriment of the rest of the UK.

As politically motivated that the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow is not getting UK funding, whilst the Manchester games did.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

kjblack wrote:In fact, I think everyone in Britain, not just Scots, should have a vote on Scottish Independence since it affects everyone in Britain.
If you believe the Better Together Campaign, Scotland is a burden to the rest of the UK and need to be part of it or it would collapse.
The English public have been fed a Government line(lie) that they are all subsidysing Scotland, but the Government daren't include the rest of the UK as that could actually result in more people actually voting for Scottish independence.
This is not what they want.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
kjblack wrote:In fact, I think everyone in Britain, not just Scots, should have a vote on Scottish Independence since it affects everyone in Britain.
If you believe the Better Together Campaign, Scotland is a burden to the rest of the UK and need to be part of it or it would collapse.
The English public have been fed a Government line(lie) that they are all subsidysing Scotland, but the Government daren't include the rest of the UK as that could actually result in more people actually voting for Scottish independence.
This is not what they want.
You sound quite well informed Toiler but you know that majority of voters aren't and don't want to be. That's why the flag waving and appealing to the cultural and sporting interests and the teenagers who don't have fully formed ideas about anything. Expect much talk of Bannockburn's 700th Anniversary and a re-release for Braveheart.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I hope Scotland gets independence from Westminster. Then I can move there. :)
ManInBrown
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Rockula wrote:I hope Scotland gets independence from Westminster. Then I can move there. :)
Scotland or Westminster??? :wink:

Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Rockula wrote:I hope Scotland gets independence from Westminster. Then I can move there. :)
Couldn't afford Westminster. Full of rich pricks. :lol:
ManInBrown
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Rockula wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Couldn't afford Westminster. Full of rich pricks. :lol:
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005