Kraftwerk : At the Tate Modern

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Kraftwerk : At the Tate Modern

Post by manticore »

Rockula wrote:Tickets being sold.....for between £400 and £1,000.

Wasn't going anyway. One original and three other blokes?
and i thought the rolling stones gigs were a bit on the high side.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

manticore wrote:
Rockula wrote:Tickets being sold.....for between £400 and £1,000.

Wasn't going anyway. One original and three other blokes?
and i thought the rolling stones gigs were a bit on the high side.
A fool and his money???
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

theraven1979 wrote:If anyone couldn't get tickets but is desperate to go, for 1k I'll get a few mates to bring their laptops and we'll play a selection of Kraftwerk YouTube clips whilst standing at podiums and occasionally raising a hand to my mouth to indicate I'm "singing" along with pressing the occasional button on the laptop.

Jim
Too true. You see clips on YouTube for 70s/80s where they're surrounded by banks of equipment, all manner of knobs and dials, and it sounds totally different to what you get on the albums. Now it's all as you've described above, and sounds exactly like it does on the record. I'd still like to see them live, as I never have.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I've never seen them although I did get into some of their albums at the time. Not sure what kind of "gig" it would be anyway but given the chance I would go and see if they actually exist at all...
I Hate You !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

For me, the only reason to see them live would be the atmosphere - The mix on Minimum Maximum is very good and I can imagine that pumping out in a velodrome or similar could be quite an experience. Whether that's worth £100+ of my hard earned is debatable.

Jim
Retrocanary wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:If anyone couldn't get tickets but is desperate to go, for 1k I'll get a few mates to bring their laptops and we'll play a selection of Kraftwerk YouTube clips whilst standing at podiums and occasionally raising a hand to my mouth to indicate I'm "singing" along with pressing the occasional button on the laptop.

Jim
Too true. You see clips on YouTube for 70s/80s where they're surrounded by banks of equipment, all manner of knobs and dials, and it sounds totally different to what you get on the albums. Now it's all as you've described above, and sounds exactly like it does on the record. I'd still like to see them live, as I never have.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Totally missed the new werk doc that was on BBC4 last Friday, luckily it's On Demand
and well worth a watch 8) 8) 8) 8)
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Didn't know that was on either

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

jaydee1964 wrote:Didn't know that was on either
Found it by accident flicking thru on demand, I nearly shat.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

It was OK.would have liked to hear from ex members Wolfgang flur and Karl bartos.there was a bit too much chat from various people,especially Paul morely.I ended up fast for wording through his endless boring talk.was surprised the model wasn't played or even mentioned.saw them in 91 and 2004 UK tours.prices then a lot cheaper than what they would be now.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

manticore wrote:It was OK.would have liked to hear from ex members Wolfgang flur and Karl bartos.there was a bit too much chat from various people,especially Paul morely.I ended up fast for wording through his endless boring talk.was surprised the model wasn't played or even mentioned.saw them in 91 and 2004 UK tours.prices then a lot cheaper than what they would be now.
Well, there was the usual non-co-operation, media-wise, from any members, so nothing different there. Does make you think someone could still do a cool
Stranglers doc, even without band co-operation, or much new/old footage. Yeah, noticed the lack of The Model too, weird, but cool. Imagine a Strangs doc with no mention of G'#9\2n B%$£n :lol:
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Is that golden brown lol . Used to and still love kraftwerk . Just never got round to seeing them

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

MiB81 wrote:Totally missed the new werk doc that was on BBC4 last Friday, luckily it's On Demand
and well worth a watch 8) 8) 8) 8)
Great band, thanks for the heads up, just sorted my evening for the next hour at least .. 8)
Whooo's there in the shadows