"Nosferatu" on Celluloid and Vellum

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

"Nosferatu" on Celluloid and Vellum

Post by Burn e 77 »

From the early silent "Nosferatu" to "From Dusk Till Dawn" the Vampire film and Novel has never been laid (or staked) to rest... what's your favourite Vampire film or Novel?
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Re: "Nosferatu" on Celluloid and Vellum

Post by Ravenette »

Fright Night the remake - stuff Colin Farrell I watch it for David Tennant! LOL

Seriously - I think Lost Boys has to be the one for me, closely followed by From Dusk Til Dawn.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
davidcassell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by davidcassell »

Burn e 77 wrote:From the early silent "Nosferatu" to "From Dusk Till Dawn" the Vampire film and Novel has never been laid (or staked) to rest... what's your favourite Vampire film or Novel?
Burn e 77
Old skool for me! Dracula Prince of Darkness.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Give me strength! Somebody for Fexache breathe live into this forum!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Or put a stake through its heart :idea:
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

davidcassell wrote:Old skool for me! Dracula Prince of Darkness.
Good choice. I am tempted to say Captain Kronos- Vampire Hunter, just as tempted to say The Hunger or dare I say it the 1979 version of Nosferatu :shock:
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Jake wrote:
davidcassell wrote:Old skool for me! Dracula Prince of Darkness.
Good choice. I am tempted to say Captain Kronos- Vampire Hunter, just as tempted to say The Hunger or dare I say it the 1979 version of Nosferatu :shock:
The Hunger was quite an original re-interpretation of the genre... did you ever see the gorgeous Natasha Kinski in "Cat People" another great interpretation take on vampires.
Burn e 77
Something better change!
richinblack
Rats Rally

Post by richinblack »

There can only be...

Let the right one in
cumulus nimbus floats by...
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I was a member of the Vampyre Society for 15 years and there can't be one vampire movie I haven't seen. But 99.9% of them are complete dross. The Hammer movies are classics but I was more into them when I was about 12 years old.

I guess I could narrow it down to a couple that I still like though.

'Near Dark', for doing something modern and different with the genre. And 'cause I'm a Lance Henrickson fan.
'Lifeforce', the 'most expensive 'B' movie ever made', directed by Tobe Hooper, with naked 'space vampires'.....a guilty pleasure after a few pints.
'Innocent Blood' 'cause it's got Anne ('Nikita') Parrilaud in it and I don't need another reason do I?
'Nosferatu' (1921) 'cause it's still the closest thing to Bram Stoker's novel ever filmed.

But my all time favourite would be the 1931 Spanish version of 'Dracula', filmed on the same sets as Bela Lugosi's version at night when the main production went home and with a different cast. Filmed for the Latin market where the girls could get away with flimsier dresses and the sexual undertones where hightened. Basically the same movie scene for scene but darker and sexier (well, for 1930 anyway). It's coming out on the re-release of Lugosi's version as an extra on the remastered DVD /Blu Ray. The first official release in the U.K.

And I agree that the original Norwegian 'Let The Right One In' is the best in recent years.
ManInBrown
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Hi Rockula... I agree with you... Near Dark is very good... I'll check out the Spanish 1931 film you mention when it's released... thanks for the info tip.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Burn e 77 wrote:The Hunger was quite an original re-interpretation of the genre... did you ever see the gorgeous Natasha Kinski in "Cat People" another great interpretation take on vampires.
Burn e 77
Yeah Cat People, 82 remake is good, I wouldn't say it is of the vampire genre though, to my reckoning it has been taken from African legends about Werecats (as oppossed to werewolf), still a good movie though.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

'The Vampire Lovers' is the best, especially when Ingrid Pitt has a good suck on Madaleine Smiths' tits!

Now, where's that link :?: :wink: