Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Top Three "They're shite!"

Post by Five Minutes »

Blur
Kasabian
Guns n Roses
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I would like to add Mike Marlin to my list if I may.......and while I'm here, a double shit vote for Bumford and Sons.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Saw The Killers last Friday night at Hyde Park.

I have never been so unimpressed and bored at a concert.

In fact, I am still bored and will only ever go to Hyde Park again and that will be for a picnic.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

PaulinLondon wrote:Saw The Killers last Friday night at Hyde Park.

I have never been so unimpressed and bored at a concert.

In fact, I am still bored and will only ever go to Hyde Park again and that will be for a picnic.
are you human or are you a dancer :grin:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
paul b

Post by paul b »

u2 coldplay and beyonce - at least you don't have to see these 3 cunts in one weekend :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I've had more than my top three at least three times over, but here we go, not exactly gonna say nirvana are shite, but what an over-rated band, his misses band did more interesting stuff imo, but I do want to say how utterly shite I think Foo Fighters are. Sat through watching them on TV a couple of months back and felt like putting my foot through it, awful band, so totally over-rated I could almost say nirvana were good compared to them. I dunno what it is I dislike about Dave Grohl so much as well, yeah I know he did the drums on a good killing joke album but there's something I don't like about that Dave Grohl, and just think foo fighters songs are immensley boring. I'm not sure I would find that many people disagreeing with me here, but either way just my opinion foo fighters are shite, shite, shite :lol:
zontar

Post by zontar »

Agree wif Jake on Foo Fighters. Asshole Grohl behaves as if he's the grunge answer to Springsteen. Massively popular for no fathomable reason.

Second choice would be Green Day. I suppose they're tolerable enough, but here in the US their dinky ditties are treated like the second coming of Lennon-McCartney. I just don't geddit.

No third choice needed, because Fooey FIghters stink bad enough for two.
davidcassell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by davidcassell »

zontar wrote:Agree wif Jake on Foo Fighters. Asshole Grohl behaves as if he's the grunge answer to Springsteen. Massively popular for no fathomable reason.

Second choice would be Green Day. I suppose they're tolerable enough, but here in the US their dinky ditties are treated like the second coming of Lennon-McCartney. I just don't geddit.

No third choice needed, because Fooey FIghters stink bad enough for two.
Loving this! Hate Foo Fighters and never understood their appeal, yet people like them. Nice to see others think the same.
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Tried to watch Foo Fighters on the TV coverage of the full live set at T in the Park. After four songs that sounded exactly the same (no melody, lots of noise, shouting and running about in a juvenile, macho kind of way), I switched off and enjoyed the peace and quiet. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

doninblack wrote:Tried to watch Foo Fighters on the TV coverage of the full live set at T in the Park. After four songs that sounded exactly the same (no melody, lots of noise, shouting and running about in a juvenile, macho kind of way), I switched off and enjoyed the peace and quiet. 8)

That's really well put Don and a trio of comments pertaining to the fact that Foo Fighters are shite and as one of you wise men remarked 'yet people like them', baffling isn't it. I always thought Oasis fit that category very well, but still find Oasis had slightly more charm than foo fighters.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

I also hate he Foo Fighters and am baffled by all my friends that place them among the gods. I had a conversation with a fan where I outlined a generic Foo Fighters track via the gift of me singing and dancing about ("this is the quiet verse, listen very carefully, I'm saying really cool things but a more exciting bit is coming.. etc... BOOM! NOW IT'S THE CHORUS AND IT'S STILL THE SAME TUNE EXCEPT I'M SHOUTING ALL THE WORDS WHICH MEANS IT'S REALLY REALLY EXCITING.." or something like that. needless to say my efforts weren't appreciated but he was a complete arsehole anyway.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
zontar

Post by zontar »

I suspect that Foo Farters are admired by timid twits who desire something aggro, but are too chickenshit to follow metal. (I care little for the genre, but admire its discipline.)

Much safer to jump about, chanting empty slogans.

May Cobain's ghost haunt Grohl nightly.