FIFA

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

FIFA

Post by mickinblack »

There are a lot of things I don't like about Jack Warner but in this scenario I like that hes a fighter

Jack Warner has responded to his Fifa suspension with allegations about the organisation's president Sepp Blatter - and that Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke suggested the 2022 World Cup was 'bought'.

Warner claimed Blatter made gifts of computers to officials plus an unauthorised 1million US dollar gift to his confederation CONCACAF.

Caribbean football chief Warner, banned by Fifa's ethics committee on Sunday along with Asian confederation president Mohamed Bin Hammam pending the outcome of a full inquiry into allegations they paid officials 40,000 dollars each in bribes, denied making any payments.

Warner said in a statement: "I denied the allegations that I made statements at the CFU [Caribbean Football Union] meeting about gifts being given by Mr Bin Hammam.
"I also indicated that at the Miami CONCACAF Congress on May 3 Mr Blatter made a gift of one million USD to CONCACAF to spend as it deems fit.

"This annoyed [UEFA] President Michel Platini who was present and he approached Secretary General Jerome Valcke complaining that Mr Blatter had no permission from the Finance Committee to make this gift to which Jerome replied that he will find the money for Mr Blatter.

"I also indicated at the CFU meeting held in Trinidad on May 10 which was requested by Mr Bin Hammam, FIFA through Mr Blatter organised gifts of laptops and projectors to all members of the Caribbean and no objections have been made today of this to date."

Warner said 13 federations had written to the ethics committee backing him up.

Warner's apparent revelation of an email from Valcke about Bin Hammam running against Blatter for Fifa president is potentially even more explosive.

Valcke, according to Warner's statement, wrote to him suggesting that Qatari Bin Hammam had "bought" the 2022 World Cup for his country.

Warner added: "I wrote to Valcke telling him, among other things, that the outcome of the elections may cause some fracture in the Arab world which we can ill-afford now and that I will like to ask Bin Hammam to withdraw from the race.

"To which Jerome replied to me and I quote: 'For MBH, I never understood why he was running. If really he thought he had a chance or just being an extreme way to express how much he does not like anymore JSB [Blatter]. Or he thought you can buy FIFA as they bought the WC'."

Warner reiterated his claim that the complaints against him were part of a conspiracy.

He added: "The complaints made in this matter are politically motivated against Mr Bin Hammam and me and are designed, among other things, to cause serious prejudice and damage to both Mr Bin Hammam and myself at one of the most critical times for the FIFA."

A lot of explosive stuff there. I particularly like the bit about Platini. Only a few days ago he was playing dumb on the whole thing but thanks to Jack Warner hes been shown up to be a lying git!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: FIFA

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

FIFA president Blatter had released Valcke in December 2006 from his job as marketing director after a New York court had found him guilty in the summer of 2004 in his role as marketing director for negotiating sponsor agreements with the rival VISA, despite the existing agreement of FIFA conducted with the long-time partner MasterCard and thus violated the right of first negotiation of MasterCard.
Because of this, the FIFA was fined $60 mln. FIFA president Blatter said: "Strong people bring you back. When he began his work as director of marketing and TV in FIFA four and a half years ago, we were in a financial crisis. Currently we have an equity of SFr 752 mln. According to Blatter, Valcke was released in December and had not been fired.
Valcke responded to his promotion of the 27 June 2007 in Zurich, with the following statement: "It's like a dream for me."
Who says having a criminal record makes it hard to find 'gainful' employment?

Kerching!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Looks like they are all crooks and liars in FIFA from what I've seen lately . Its all given Blatter a free run for the job .
Nothing against Qatar , but how a country that size got the world cup must be questioned ...... its around the size of YORKSHIRE .... imagine the world cup being held solely in Yorkshire - with a heat wave . And sand .
All quiet ..........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jon the Impaler wrote:Looks like they are all crooks and liars in FIFA from what I've seen lately . Its all given Blatter a free run for the job .
Nothing against Qatar , but how a country that size got the world cup must be questioned ...... its around the size of YORKSHIRE .... imagine the world cup being held solely in Yorkshire - with a heat wave . And sand .
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Tim »

:grin: good one, maybe Jimmy Saville can buy the World Cup and bring it to Yorkshire
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Jon the Impaler wrote:.... imagine the world cup being held solely in Yorkshire - with a heat wave . And sand .
Naaah, that's pushing the bounds of credulity a bit too far.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

The rotten bastards have given the Republic of Ireland free pick from anyone qualified for Northern ireland. Now, granted thats hardly a choice of 100 Messi's, but for our wee country to be put at this disadvantage where any Catholic kid who comes up through the junior ranks is then approached by the FAi to switch associations makes me so fucking angry.

Therefore, given that FIFA have fully endorsed this shame, they should all be put up against a wall and riddled.
rotten thoughts
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

They are a bunch of 'thieving cnuts' and as I have said on a previous thread we should pull out of FIFA.......what do we need them for :?:

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

iain wrote:The rotten bastards have given the Republic of Ireland free pick from anyone qualified for Northern ireland. Now, granted thats hardly a choice of 100 Messi's, but for our wee country to be put at this disadvantage where any Catholic kid who comes up through the junior ranks is then approached by the FAi to switch associations makes me so fucking angry.

Therefore, given that FIFA have fully endorsed this shame, they should all be put up against a wall and riddled.
Its a bit like saying France can pick anyone from Belgium , England can pick any Scot or Welsh , Germany can pick any Austrian etc . I know Jack Charlton did some very odd picks , very dubious , but this takes it a stage further . Maybe its toime for a breakaway organisation - or maybe football has got too big for its own good.
All quiet ..........
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

NMH1965 wrote:They are a bunch of 'thieving cnuts' and as I have said on a previous thread we should pull out of FIFA.......what do we need them for :?: :?
No World Cup, no European Championship, no Champions League or any other European competition, no foreign players allowed to play in the UK......
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Not really interested, as it's a hornets nest being stirred up by England. Purely down to them getting shafted at the WC vote.

I didn't see any clamour for change when they, England, were taking John McBeth's place onthe FIFA committee, following his suggestion that the same people being investigated just now were corrupt.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Old Angus wrote:
NMH1965 wrote:They are a bunch of 'thieving cnuts' and as I have said on a previous thread we should pull out of FIFA.......what do we need them for :?: :?
No World Cup, no European Championship, no Champions League or any other European competition, no foreign players allowed to play in the UK......
FIFA are just a money making, or money thieving organisation unlike our own FA they put nothing back in to the game only cream off the top! :twisted:

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!