An excellent review Barry.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: SQUEEZE & THE LIGHTNING SEEDS ON TOUR 2010

Post by MULLY »

Sword sparkle wrote:An excellent review Barry.
Seconded. 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

You'll be going to see Haircut 100 next ! ;-) :smile: Good stuff Baz,thanks.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
Capt Black
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Capt Black »

I can heartily recommend Tilbrook live solo. He seems to prefer smaller venues by choice and puts on an excellent show. Often joining the audience in the bar for an "impromptu" sing song during the interval.
Saw him at The Lowry theatre with his amusingly named support band The Fluffers :smt008 . We were waiting for the show to star,t which being a theatre was at a designated time. After a few minutes wait this noisy rabble at the back started heckling and berating the band for not being on stage on time. "OH WELL WE'LL JUST HAVE TO DO THE SHOW OURSELVES" they cried and jumped onto the stage. They were of course the real band. Thought that was a really great way to start a show. And it didn't disappoint from there on either.

Now looking forward to Squeeze and Lightning Seeds this Saturday. See how many TV commercials I can name from the Lightning Seeds set.
Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but then again, neither does milk.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Well,I'm just back from tonights Glasgow gig.A last minute affair to say the least.Think it's over priced even though The Lightening Seeds were support.
£35 for Squeeze?...Anyway as I said on FB, I himmed and hawed about going but decided to go and I'm happy that I did.Never seen the support and just entered the venue as
Squeeze took to the stage.Was in the Laurieston before hand and managed to get myself a 1/2 price brief. :wink: Couple of beers and away I went.
Nice atmosphere so easily made my way down to the front.Can't really elaborate more than Barry's revue but he was on the ball in regards to the performance Squeeze
put on tonight.Thoroughly enjoyed the gig and would recommend to anyone who has an interest in the band and have the chance to attend any of the remaining gigs to
give it a go.Consummate pro's and the setlist with the old fav's and a smattering of new material, made for a good time.Great vocals and musicianship,melodic and entertaining.I'd give it an 8/10.Nice 'n' easy does it... :wink:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Off to Leeds gig this Friday, thanks for the review A 8)
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

Bobinblack wrote:Off to Leeds gig this Friday, thanks for the review A 8)
Me too, Bob. Really looking forward to it.
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

FenDale wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:Off to Leeds gig this Friday, thanks for the review A 8)
Me too, Bob. Really looking forward to it.
We really enjoyed it, the whole show. We had balcony seats and decided to sit on the back row so we could snog I mean stand and watch as well as pop to the very close-by bar :grin:

In all my concert goings, '30 years, man and boy', I'm embarrassed to admit I'd never seen Squeeze. It was worth the wait, Tilbrook's voice was superb. I was slightly disappointed they played 4 or 5 new ones, 3 of them in a row which sort of dampened it a bit for me, but overall it was a great gig. Funnily enough, the two 'classic' Squeeze songs were the most disappointing for me - Up the Junction, Cool for Cats, but I can't really fault them, we'd been looking forward to this gig for ages and it was well worth the wait. Lightning Seeds as support were very good too I thought, some might disagree there but what the heck, much better than at Glasto which just seemed insipid to me at the time. The LS are not an open air band! I was pleasantly surprised with Brodie's voice and the overall sound was good, you don't miss much at all from the balcony, it's a great venue, I never realised before. And then Squeeze came on and blew the Seeds' sound away, much louder and better.

Great gig, and Tetleys ale was on form too :grin: :grin:

Someone told me that a Motorhead fan had been killed close to the venue, the night before, don't know the details but that's tragic.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Yes the bass player is John Bentley who played on most of the earlier Squeeze hits. He wasn't asked back for the reformation in the late 80s so good to see him back on board again. Not sure why original long-standing drummer Gilson Lavis isn't involved these days.

Regarding 'I Quite Like Squeeze' T-Shirts.... like it. Sounds like the band know that they are like everybody's second favourite football team to a lot of people.
Let's Boogie
dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dead ringer »

markorbit wrote:Yes the bass player is John Bentley who played on most of the earlier Squeeze hits. He wasn't asked back for the reformation in the late 80s so good to see him back on board again. Not sure why original long-standing drummer Gilson Lavis isn't involved these days.

Regarding 'I Quite Like Squeeze' T-Shirts.... like it. Sounds like the band know that they are like everybody's second favourite football team to a lot of people.
Gilson Lavis has got a busy schedule with Jools Hollands Big Band which probably pays better!