Meteor Shower my Arse.................

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Meteor Shower my Arse.................

Post by ravenlunatic »

For many years I have keenly looked forward to various promised astranomical displays, from Comets to Eclipses, shooting stars to debris around Uranus, and on every occasion without fail it has been cloudy and I have seen nothing.
Last night however, it was mild and clear, barely a cloud to spoil my view of the endless heavens full of countless, bright and twinkling stars. I spent some time outside scanning the inky blackness, and made several visits to the garden over a period of some hours.
And what did I see? Apart from several passing helicopters, fuck all!! :?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Catching a glimmer off the space station is pretty cool - seen it a few times now

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Saw a few last night and on listening to the local news earlier, there should be some more tonight. Having a smoke out on the balcony about half an hour ago, and sure enough another one 'burns up' overhead.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

MULLY wrote:Having a smoke out on the balcony about half an hour ago, and sure enough another one 'burns up' overhead.
Mate, you've gotta stop burnin' up them mouldy potato skins! Medicinal purposes................? :smt025 There's feck all up there. It's a Tory plot.

Ah, hang on, I've got some 6 month old 'roasters' in the fridge..................................................................................... Oooh Oooh, the pretty colours. Norfolk's aglow!

(nope! still feckin meteor showerless here. harumph!)
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

theraven1979 wrote:Catching a glimmer off the space station is pretty cool - seen it a few times now
I think we've had this conversation before Jimmer. (Difficult to know, seeing as the search engine is now about as much use as a Grandmother sucking dogs, chocolate fireguards........ old tricks :?: )

I'm pretty sure the both of us, thanks to NASA's handy, 'where is the Space Station tonight' tool, regale friends and family alike with...... "Now, if you look to the North West, just over the top of that tree there, moving east to west, for a duration of some 32.4967773 seconds, you'll see said Space Station". We'd have been burned at the stake, if we lived in Suffolk, (or Wiltshire....).
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

We saw loads of meteors on Thursday night about 10pm, fairly low in the sky. It clouded over an hour or so later. But it did keep eldest daughter and her 5 friends busy for a while during their camping-in-the-garden-sleepover.
No one can win against kipple.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I'd sooner shave my shit than stand in the middle of the garden for hours on end waiting for the next "spectacular display" from our evening heavens.

Complete loada hubble every time..................
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

after shaving my shit I ventured into the garden of my mother in laws in Llanrtwyd wells Powys. Dark skies. Saw loads of the buggers. Around 30 from 11.00-12.15.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story