The Burning Up Time forum Triumph campsite

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Burning Up Time forum Triumph campsite

Post by FenDale »

Could well be getting the tent out again for this one.
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

mickinblack wrote:This a be a bit of a biker festival
Them bikers a strange bunch with there your not a real biker blah blah blah attitude.
I belive a lot of bikers was not happy with the stranglers doing the bull dog bash a few yeares back.
Them bikers a strange unfriendly bunch.
As a biker and Stranglers follower I can safely say that we are mostly a normal friendly bunch. I have seen the lads at the kent custom show, Bulldog Bash, Rock and Blues and even the much maligned MCN Skegness do.
We are just a cross section of society who happen to ride motorbikes so to generalise so widely Mick is ridiculous.

Why would bikers at the Bulldog not be happy with the Stranglers playing there. I don't think that was the case at all.
Were you there Mick?

Some bike shows, generally the smaller shows try to only have bikers attend but this is mostly due to limited numbers. The Bulldog bash has loads of "non bikers" go and in my 10 visits to the show I have never seen any bikers being aggressive or/and hostile to the non bikers.

I will be attending this show but will be sleeping at the Premier Inn up the road. I try to avoid freezing in a tent as much as I can. The last time was in June at a bike show just before midsummer and it was bloody cold. So am going for the reasonably comfortable and warm option.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Agree totally with Martin/SS-I've been to various biker events that the Stranglers have played (including the 4 mentioned),there have never been any issues and the bikers always seem to enjoy the band.
The MCN news event was crap but that wasn't the Stranglers fault...
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Sword sparkle wrote:I will be attending this show but will be sleeping at the Premier Inn up the road. I try to avoid freezing in a tent as much as I can. The last time was in June at a bike show just before midsummer and it was bloody cold. So am going for the reasonably comfortable and warm option.
:smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061

:lol:

You just need to drink more to keep warm Marty. Besides, you can't sing songs round a campfire in a Premier Inn - can you :?:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

Blackbeered wrote:
Sword sparkle wrote:I will be attending this show but will be sleeping at the Premier Inn up the road. I try to avoid freezing in a tent as much as I can. The last time was in June at a bike show just before midsummer and it was bloody cold. So am going for the reasonably comfortable and warm option.
:smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061

:lol:

You just need to drink more to keep warm Marty. Besides, you can't sing songs round a campfire in a Premier Inn - can you :?:
Even with my beer blanket on and practically every item of clothing I had with me and cuddling up to the missus I was still cold Mike. Mind you what made it worse was that it was cold during the day as well. I don't mind just the night being a bit chilly.

I will come and visit your campsite and mangle a few songs before retiring to the luxury (relatively speaking obviously) of the Premier Inn.
Yarp.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Man have campsite, man make fire, man not cold. :grin:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Man need to wee 3 times a night after too much beer and cold weather :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

theraven1979 wrote:Man have campsite, man make fire, man not cold. :grin:

Jim
Ah Jim has anybody checked to see if fires are allowed at this event? As it is being held at Mallory Park they may not allow fires. :shock:
Yarp.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I doubt it - it's pretty unsociable too so you won't be getting that from me.

Jim

Sword sparkle wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Man have campsite, man make fire, man not cold. :grin:

Jim
Ah Jim has anybody checked to see if fires are allowed at this event? As it is being held at Mallory Park they may not allow fires. :shock:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Sword sparkle wrote:
Them bikers a strange bunch with there your not a real biker blah blah blah attitude.
I belive a lot of bikers was not happy with the stranglers doing the bull dog bash a few yeares back.
As a biker and Stranglers follower I can safely say that we are mostly a normal friendly bunch. I have seen the lads at the kent custom show, Bulldog Bash, Rock and Blues and even the much maligned MCN Skegness do.
We are just a cross section of society who happen to ride motorbikes so to generalise so widely Mick is ridiculous.

Why would bikers at the Bulldog not be happy with the Stranglers playing there. I don't think that was the case at all.
Were you there Mick?

Some bike shows, generally the smaller shows try to only have bikers attend but this is mostly due to limited numbers. The Bulldog bash has loads of "non bikers" go and in my 10 visits to the show I have never seen any bikers being aggressive or/and hostile to the non bikers.

I will be attending this show but will be sleeping at the Premier Inn up the road. I try to avoid freezing in a tent as much as I can. The last time was in June at a bike show just before midsummer and it was bloody cold. So am going for the reasonably comfortable and warm option.

Well
That told me didnt it.Ive been put in my place good and proper... :lol: :lol: :lol:
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

mickinblack wrote:
Sword sparkle wrote:

Were you there Mick?

Well
That told me didnt it.Ive been put in my place good and proper... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"give him 50 lines"
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

Bobinblack wrote:Man need to wee 3 times a night after too much beer and cold weather :lol:
Best I pitch my tent on higher ground then :shock:
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?