I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band

Post by APOLLO79 »

Just watched the latest episode of this programme.Shouldn't be surprised really but no mention of
any of the band throughout the series.Took a quick peek at the website for tonights vote(best bassist)
and JJ's not on the list.Fuckin jokers!They're taking the piss putting Alex James of Blurt in the top ten
compiled by 'experts'..

....ps:They did play No More Heroes :shock:
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Re: I'm In A Rock 'n' Roll Band

Post by miserablewoman »

You and Audrey - spooky postings! :shock:

:lol: :lol:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

[quote="miserablewoman"]You and Audrey - spooky postings! :shock:

:lol: :lol:[/quote

Yeah very spooky, also very sad that two people in different parts of Scotland are half watching the same TV programme & on here at the same time on a Saturday night :(
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Sad indeed. :( Equally sad is that I've spotted its my first anniversary of joining this forum ... a whole year of sad person's Saturday night posts! :shock:

:lol: :lol:

:smt006
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

2009 must have been the year for the sad 'nothing better to do on a Saturday night' people joining right enough :lol:

(not too sad though, have got a large glass of white merlot sitting by the laptop to keep me company) ;-)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It's really outrageous that none of the Stranglers have been mentioned on this programme yet. JJ was probably a big influence on Peter Hook etc. And how can Dave not be mentioned amongst the best keyboard players?
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

I don't see the point in playing 'Heroes' in the background if they weren't going to mention JJ & Dave amongst the bass & keyboard players.

But who cares we know who the best are & that's all that matters :smile:
Peachy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Peachy »

Audreyinblack wrote:
miserablewoman wrote:You and Audrey - spooky postings! :shock:

Yeah very spooky, also very sad that two people in different parts of Scotland are half watching the same TV programme & on here at the same time on a Saturday night :(
Make that a third sad scottish person watching the same programme and thinking the same!! I was just ranting about the complete lack of stranglers in the series when they played no more heroes. I was also somewhat surprised that Flea didn't get a mention in the bassist programme
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

Peachy wrote:
I was also somewhat surprised that Flea didn't get a mention in the bassist programme

Me too, he is an interesting character but at least they did show a clip of him tonight
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Peachy wrote:
Audreyinblack wrote:
miserablewoman wrote:You and Audrey - spooky postings! :shock:

Make that a third sad scottish person watching the same programme and thinking the same!! I was just ranting about the complete lack of stranglers in the series when they played no more heroes. I was also somewhat surprised that Flea didn't get a mention in the bassist programme

He's made the Top Ten bassists list though.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

The stranglers wernt on ? Along with about 35,000 other bands they couldnt fit in to an hours Television Programme ?

What a Scandal!! :roll:
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Biased as we are I do think it's a bit shocking that JJ didn't make an appearance - He is a bit of a standard mark when it comes to bassists. For example, Hooky who was on there always goes on about JJ.

The reason is simple though - They've clearly positioned this series for the American and UK markets and we all know that the Stranglers never made it over there.

Jim

The Nosferatu wrote:The stranglers wernt on ? Along with about 35,000 other bands they couldnt fit in to an hours Television Programme ?

What a Scandal!! :roll:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"