The Psychedelic Furs...

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

The Psychedelic Furs...

Post by Turkey Troter »

... are playing in the UK later this year…

24 OCT FROME Cheese & Grain

26 OCT MANCHESTER Manchester Ritz

27 OCT BIRMINGHAM Birmingham Institute

28 OCT LONDON HMV Forum, London

29 OCT GLASGOW O2 ABC, Glasgow

could be worth a blast...
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
womaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: The Psychedelic Furs...

Post by womaninblack »

No dates abroad???? :smt022
un jour parfait
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

They are doing the States first :smt011
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Turkey Troter wrote:They are doing the States first :smt011
They were a much bigger band in the states though, weren't they?

Seen them twice, once at the QM in Glasgow and they had the place bouncing.
Pretty In Pink blew the roof off the joint- this was years before they used it in that yank film,
fucked if I can remember what it was called.
Used to love their first 3 albums, the second and third mostly, some magic songs on them
and I always loved Butler's lyrics and voice.
Saw them years later at the Barrowlands and they were total americanised mince.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
newyorkjohnny
Down In The Sewer

Post by newyorkjohnny »

Alias wrote: Used to love their first 3 albums, the second and third mostly,
Apparently they'll be playing Talk Talk Talk in its entirety at these gigs.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

I was never a fan of these mainly because they were one of the "chosen" bands of the local surf brat "OMG I sooo can't believe you're wearing last season's Billabong?"(Mumbles)elite .

However years later, during one of those fated chance meetings (well she raised the subject), a family friend chose to disclose to me, at the most inopportune moment one sat urday afternoon in November 2002, that she used to cohabit with a member of the band and that, during the early '80's, they'd thrown a house party attended by The Stranglers during which she'd snogged "the cute french bass player".

Too late, I'd already secured a place for myself +2 on the guestlist for the sold out Stranglers gig at the Patti that night, although it must be said that just then I was overly preoccupied with replacing my washing machine which had packed up on me that morning after 5 years of loyal service, possibly the most consistent thing in my life at that point. The rain that night was torrential and I foolishly and unwittingly grabbed what head gear was to hand (a bowler hat) in order to save my £65 red/chocolate sliced bob and received a ribbing for it having entered, as ever, via the stage door!
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

off to see them on thursday in orlando - will let you know how it goes ...not a massive fan but they are harmless enough
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

Got ticket for the furs at the C&G part of a job lot :grin:
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

HI All,went to see the furs last night in orlando - basicallly in a converted hotel lobby (hard rock hotel ) was a bit surreal but there was around 1,000 people there (its a monthly thing called velvet sessions and for $25.00 you get free drinks for two hours and then the band play for around 80 mins and seen a few good ones there Joan Jett,Twisted Sister and a flock of seagulls :oops: . Furs came on to fade to grey intro and then straight into love my way and played a pretty much 'hits' set and president gas etc thrown in . As I mentioned not a massive fan but if you are into them you will have a good time and Richard Butler even though he said fuck all was very energitic (despite a well dodgy velvet jacket) . Bottom line if you like them you will enjoy if you have free beer you will also enjoy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: