LEEDS UNITED FC THREAD

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: LEEDS UNITED FC THREAD

Post by paulinblack »

vanian wrote:Hi Paul - I like Danny Wilson - good footballing manager ,should have managed longer at a higher level - as for Tuesday - sorry I think that we will go back top and with Norwich in deep financial shit we should be well clear :grin:
Should be a very interesting game. We never seem to get any luck against Leeds - Am hoping that will change on Tuesday.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

paulinblack wrote:
vanian wrote:Hi Paul - I like Danny Wilson - good footballing manager ,should have managed longer at a higher level - as for Tuesday - sorry I think that we will go back top and with Norwich in deep financial shit we should be well clear :grin:
Should be a very interesting game. We never seem to get any luck against Leeds - Am hoping that will change on Tuesday.
I think Swindon might win it. Hope not of course. Could go to the game but the pennies need to be taken more care of.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Swindon are doing quite well this season should be a tough game but I htikn Leeds will just win it.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

alexowen wrote:Swindon are doing quite well this season should be a tough game but I htikn Leeds will just win it.
Maybe because we got Lucas, Douglas and Sheehan from Leeds! :grin:
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Hmm, I didnt want Douglas to leave but Lucas was nothing special and Sheehanm despite having a sweet left foot, disn't seem to know the basics of marking wingers or the fact that tackling from behind, esp in our own area, is against the rules :grin:
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

Hi Bob - Yup Douglas for me was great when with us and I did not quite get it when he did not manage to go with a higher league team - Sheehan always looked good in spurts but thats about it - my concern is Crowe - I know he was up against Rose on Sat but he looked really leggy and was lucky to stay on - hopefully Naylor will be back soon and with Rui and if Ben Parker can get sorted then I think we will be more solid at the back with a bit more flair. Got to say that Casper suprised me over the past few games - i dont really rate him and with Shane injured still I was worried he would do his normal 'flapping around' but aside of a couple of dodgy kicks he has done well - still would prefer Higgs back though - much more solid at the back with him 8)
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

vanian wrote:Hi Bob - Yup Douglas for me was great when with us and I did not quite get it when he did not manage to go with a higher league team - Sheehan always looked good in spurts but thats about it - my concern is Crowe - I know he was up against Rose on Sat but he looked really leggy and was lucky to stay on - hopefully Naylor will be back soon and with Rui and if Ben Parker can get sorted then I think we will be more solid at the back with a bit more flair. Got to say that Casper suprised me over the past few games - i dont really rate him and with Shane injured still I was worried he would do his normal 'flapping around' but aside of a couple of dodgy kicks he has done well - still would prefer Higgs back though - much more solid at the back with him 8)
totally agree V, on all points there. Casper seems to save it for the big games doesn't he? shame he can't be arsed for the 'lesser' games though :grin:
vanian

Post by vanian »

Bum Bastard Bolloxs !! - typical after the lord mayors show and then Larry goes and offloads Prutts after only giving him a couple of starts all season and he feckin scores after 2 mins ! from accounts they seem pretty tired but Larry should have mixed it up from the start - anyhow - still got the games in hand and lets see what happens on Sat - no need to set off the alarm bells yet - every team has a blip :?
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Swindon absolutely whalloped us, well done to them, though they got us on a good day after the Spurs game.

Not acceptable! We were lucky to get nil apparently!
vanian

Post by vanian »

McSheffrey signing a great movebb :grin:
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Cheers, not that I had anything to do with it. Am pleased though, til the end of the season it is as well.

Fingers crossed, we need a win badly tomorrow :grin: And then the lesser tie v Spurs on Wed!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Bob have you heard the song Leeds United by Luke Haines off his album Off My Rocker At The Art School Bop? Its not really about the club, more of a comment on Peter Sutcliffe and Yorkshire in the 1970´s. Its inspired by the books of Yorkshire author David Peace, who incidentally listened to alot of Haines´s Auteurs album After Murder Park, while he was writing the Red Riding Quartet.

Im sure you can download it from somwhere.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.