Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Sundown Specials Finchley CC last game

Post by Dom P »

http://www.photobiz.com/slideshowbiz/sl ... herID=5118

My cricket team's last game, June 7, 2009, ALexandra Park ... graced by the presence of Alan Gruner, of REM, of Euroman tour fame, and pictures taken by another of our alumni, Clive Moore, one time vicar on Brookside... it's his website... Sunday cricket at its best... our team have ground to a standstill... I joined in 1990 age 23, I was the youth policy then, and I was all but the youngest there, now 41. AP batted in a 35 over game and had a strong line up, including Luke, their overseas professional. Many 1st and 2nds were in the tream. We opened with a bowling pair of Ringo and Dave Cattell, combined age, a hundred and a lot. The Middlesex League team fell for the trap and lost wickets. We had them down for 135 for 9 with 5 to go, but their No "11" was useful. They got 199 for 9.

It was too much for us, but youth policy Jack Reed, of Christ's College, showed the oldies how it was done in his Crimson helmet and smaked 55 No as we remained un beaten on 139 for 8 in our overs... Sundowners gave them a scare, we bowled well, Dave C took 3 for 25 and your Correspondent took 2 for 24 off 7, but our power house of McGowan, Moore, Faisal and Herlihy failed to deliver in the batting stakes and we lost. So we decided to have a last ever game next year as well... :grin:
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Sundown Specials Finchley CC last game

Post by PaulinLondon »

At AP, did you meet Nigel Bagley also known as "Drum Major" ?

He's been playing with them for years and is probably only a little older than you and me.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

He wasn't there... name rings a bell though... must have played against him in the past!
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

Dom, do you think we could rustle up a team from on here? Wanderers-in-Black possibly?
Maybe we could try and arrange fixtures against other bands followers? There's certainly plenty of cricket-related history attached to The Stranglers.

You obviously bowl and I'm a RH top order batsman who bowls medium pace (mainly) inswing so that's two of us for starters!

There's a couple of pics of a dodgy looking Jason Gillespie look-a-like on the slide show!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Retirement is a long time! I've been retired for 8 years and got the bug again this year. Have been turning out weekly and have injured my groin, both achilles tendons, have added to varicous veins on my legs through impact etc etc. But I'm bloody loving it!

If you need a 'Fatso-in-black' to play, then I'm your man! Ahem! Its the bat you know!

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

paulinblack wrote:Retirement is a long time! I've been retired for 8 years and got the bug again this year. Have been turning out weekly and have injured my groin, both achilles tendons, have added to varicous veins on my legs through impact etc etc. But I'm bloody loving it!

If you need a 'Fatso-in-black' to play, then I'm your man! Ahem! Its the bat you know!

Paul
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there were three!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

“Ladies and Gentlemen, from the Pavillion End, please welcome, The Full TossersinBlack”.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.