CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Post by cerdan6899 »

villainblack wrote:congratulations, :cry: thats £41 million debt per title, one day that debts got to be paid :grin: then see where the man ure are, back in the championship :smile:

Tut Tut. Perhaps the ' mighty ' Villa will there with UTD. Villa looked like contenders at one stage, what happened?
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

I started life supporting a fading team & ended up in the 2nd Division.
I don't really care what you or anybody else says,cos I remember all those matches of nothing but living on the dream that one day, you never know what.

I went to school in Ellesmere Port & had the Scousers rammed down my throat all those years, infact most teams.
77 Cup Final was good.

So close so far in 92, but ran out of steam when it counted and saw Leeds being crowned on tele drinking champagne (Lee Chapman) on the couch following a beating by the Scousers.
Then in 93 when it looks like its going against you, up pops Stevie Bruce in something like the 97th minute v sheff weds to do the business, then you beat Palace away & the same night Villa lose to Blackburn which makes the drive to Hereford all worth the while, & you even get let off the speeding ticket near Cardiff at 1 in the morning because the police are reds too - nights like that you never forget.

Then it just kept coming
& seeing Giggs come thru, the wonder goal v spurs as a lad & 99 v arsenal in the semi of the FA Cup & as for that nite in Barcelona when it was all over.

All I say is that I never tire of it.
I enjoy every minute just as you will when its your turn, because one thing is for sure, the wheel turns as sure as nite follows day, just ask Huddersfield, Villa, Forest, Arsenal, Liverpool. football is a leveller.
Its sweet today and long may it last, because you never now when its gone.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Bought the league''....Viva Barca :!: The HU... The Gers to win helicopter sunday :( maybe :?
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

APOLLO79 wrote:helicopter sunday
:lol:

When was the last time that particular aircraft ventured out of Weegie Airspace? :twisted:
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

villainblack wrote:congratulations, :cry: thats £41 million debt per title, one day that debts got to be paid :grin: then see where the man ure are, back in the championship :smile:
And growing every day liquidation soon ?
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

cerdan6899 wrote:

Tut Tut. Perhaps the ' mighty ' Villa will there with UTD. Villa looked like contenders at one stage, what happened?

To small squad for number of games, though if offered 5/6 at start of season would have been happy :grin:

Already renewed season ticket for next season, need to buy big in summer, but knowing villa it will be at the lower end of the market

hope we send the toon down sunday, big club my arsenal :!:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

hhmm, do you think if you don't make any progress next season people will start to question O'neil?

Really hope you do the business against Newcastle, it's very important they go down with shearer in charge :lol:
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

fourth horseman wrote:hhmm, do you think if you don't make any progress next season people will start to question O'neil?

Really hope you do the business against Newcastle, it's very important they go down with shearer in charge :lol:

The only way to break in to the top four is to spend big, just like err LEEDS, NEWCASTLE, BORO, then end up in the Championship or worse, ill settle for an FA cup win thou, far to long since last win in 57 :!:

I was out with a Geordie today, he is pig sick, of course I did not rub it in :smile:
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

BIG AVFC MAN...nothin to do with the ' blessed martin'..more to do with Andy Gray and the great footballing side from '76-'83...Stood on the Holte End many times.Claret&Blue and the HOLY TRINITY.....Rd B5..... 8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

1957...1-0....team depleted by the 'CRASH'....Still,like Celtic we have a * and not many clubs have that in the UK....celtic :grin: man utd,the pool and unbelievably forest..twice.So only 5 clubs have won THE trophy in the history of British football.'82 was a great year to be 13,a stranglers fan,celtic and villa supporter and a fan of the best euro national team that never won the world cup that year.....France. 8)
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Best team won :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

Couldn't really be arsed to watch this tonight - I knew Utd were one down in the first half, and anyway, The Apprentice was on BBC after all. :smt045

Unaware of the final score and checking my emails at about 10pm (not long after the final whistle, remember), I found out the result by opening an email from Kitbag (an online sports store) offering Barcelona Champions League Winners merchandise :shock: :lol:

Bit bloody obvious after that eh :!:

They don't waste much time cashing in do they :roll:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........