Newcastle

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Newcastle

Post by APOLLO79 »

:( take it you're a Chelsea man? Yeah sad indeed to see club like the Magpies in down. Pity,they got the fan base and potential but never quite make it,do they? Helicopter Sunday went the wrong way for me. Still,it put the most piss poor season to an end and highlighted just how bad our clubs are. Here's hoping summat changes. .
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

A much needed dose of reality.
Too busy living in the days of Jackie Milburn, Delusions of Grandeur.

It could be the making of them?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

The word of the so called ' experts' on Sky is that their gonna find it difficult to get back up with the current squad.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

I'm a Newcastle fan, and this has been coming for a long time. The minute Keegan walked, the writing was on the wall. Watching players who couldn't give a toss (especially Owen), knowing all they had to do was get a draw, have no desire or urgency given the situation, was so upsetting. But we got what we deserved. We didn't deserve to stay up, and had we survived, the same would have happened next year.

I can think of only 2 players in the 1st team that I would like to keep. The current squad would do nothing in the Championship, but thats not an issue anyway as they are on "champagne" wages and the entire team will be dismantled.

What made it worse was watching the Millwall / Scunthorpe game before the NUFC one. Players who battled and fought for their team. Then watching a team who picked up their hefty pay-packets and fucked off home to their mansions at the final whistle.
Resurrect the Jodie Foster thread...
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

I quite like Newcastle and I am a real admirer of Alan Shearer but frankly they deserved to go down yesterday because they were just awful in the most important match of their lives. I watched the game live thinking they would 'do or die' for the cause and after a bright opening ten minutes they just looked lacklustre and uninterested. Their second half show had all the intensity and passion of a pre-season friendly. That was not a performance deserving of sympathy and I felt really sorry for their loyal fans who deserve more.

To be honest though football needed a really big club to go down as a collective reality check. I heard yesterday that Newcaskle had 15 players on more than 50,000 a week - without a salary reduction if relegated clause which most teams have. 15 players on 100 times the average salary!!!!! That is obscene and disgusting - and especially when it is not performance-related (if it was some of them would be bankrupt).

Compare that to Stoke, Fulham, Wigan, Hull. It doesn't have to be that way...
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

APOLLO79 wrote::( take it you're a Chelsea man? Yeah sad indeed to see club like the Magpies in down. Pity,they got the fan base and potential but never quite make it,do they? Helicopter Sunday went the wrong way for me. Still,it put the most piss poor season to an end and highlighted just how bad our clubs are. Here's hoping summat changes. .
Yes, typical Dundee United play great against the "old firm" all season, then the one day you want them to continue their positive attitude, Craig Levein decides to play with one up front & leave their best striker on the bench until it's too late!! If they had just played their normal game and didn't go out to play for a draw it might have been a more competitive day!! A real let down for the neutral and frustrating for Celtic. I was glad Aberdeen pipped United for the European slot, serves them right for playing negative and not having a go. :smt009
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

didnt quite have the charecter to score ONE goal to save their arses.

oh well at least duff got a rare goal, even if it was into the back of his own net.

what a shame.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

I guess Baz is happy that Sunderland stayed up! :grin:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

The Sewer The Sewer wrote:I felt sorry for NUFC today
I didn't! Welcome to the real world
Imagine supporting Saints! :shock: LOL

Jez
Last edited by jem750 on 25 May 2009, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Well done Hull, too! Top place. Never dull in Hull, you know.
Boogie now, Dave!
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

:shock: Raith Rovers :shock: Oh my. .
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Russ65
Rats Rally

Post by Russ65 »

Just got back from Wembley. Come on you Clarets. Now we will see what all this premiership business is all about!!!