X-RAY SPEX @ THE ROUNDHOUSE 2008 (YIPPEE!)

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
gizzard wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:Only 2 weeks to go for THE gig of the year!
The Sex Pistols at Hammersmith Apollo. 8)

Sex Pistols are so last month though :!: :smt065
I thought they might be. :smt075
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Fatbusjim wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bugger not even going :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
C'mon Fatbus! Do it!

Might be quite a little forum members get together!

So far we got;

paul b
bry
stu man (another devotee!)
two sunspots (I think)
TBC

all we need is 1 more to make it a sensitive 6 :!:
ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo
SHAKESPEARO

Post by ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo »

What time should I get there? For being nice and close to the barrier I mean, when I saw MSI at The Roundhouse we queued at 12 and because we were within the first 300 people we got like a raffle ticket and then came back at 5 and got to the front of the queue. Does anyone know if they do the ticket thing for every gig there, or how early we should start?
Oh I don't sing in tune; anybody can sing in tune- but I sing with such wonderful expression.
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Fatbusjim wrote::( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bugger not even going :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
C'mon Fatbus! Do it!

Might be quite a little forum members get together!

So far we got;

paul b
bry
stu man (another devotee!)
two sunspots (I think)
TBC

all we need is 1 more to make it a sensitive 6 :!:
my other half is coming so thats a a six, but i'm as insesetive as they come...

where are you staying?? i aint booked in anywhere yet... jsut looked at a comfort inn in finchley...

and will you be in the queue early for a free raffle ticket? apparently its a pair of poly's knickers as the prize, (dayglo g string)
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Roy Batty »

ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo wrote:What time should I get there? For being nice and close to the barrier I mean, when I saw MSI at The Roundhouse we queued at 12 and because we were within the first 300 people we got like a raffle ticket and then came back at 5 and got to the front of the queue. Does anyone know if they do the ticket thing for every gig there, or how early we should start?
forgive me but WHO are M.S.I. :oops:
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo
SHAKESPEARO

Post by ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo »

Roy Batty wrote:forgive me but WHO are M.S.I. :oops:
Mindless Self Indulgence :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qIYhbRiuVK0

They are the funniest band to see live!
Oh I don't sing in tune; anybody can sing in tune- but I sing with such wonderful expression.
Andrew
Rats Rally

Post by Andrew »

I'll be there but I'm meeting up with a mate I haven't seen for three years and will have some catching up to do, then after the gig it'll either be a run for the last train home or looking for a park bench somewhere ;) Maybe see you all in the mosh-pit? This Saturday I'll probably be wearing my DEVO tour t-shirt.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Roy Batty wrote:

where are you staying?? i aint booked in anywhere yet... jsut looked at a comfort inn in finchley...
California Hotel in the Kings Cross area. Probably a bit of a dump but it'll do for one night. B & B for £75 which was the best deal I could find.
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Roy Batty wrote:

California Hotel in the Kings Cross area. Probably a bit of a dump but it'll do for one night. B & B for £75 which was the best deal I could find.
Sounds dear for a dump! Have you tried Britannia Hampstead. It's walking distance from Roundhouse Bazza.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

C r a s s ! wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:
Roy Batty wrote:

Sounds dear for a dump! Have you tried Britannia Hampstead. It's walking distance from Roundhouse Bazza.

Checked out the Britannia but you have to stay for 2 nights minimum. Cheers anyway Gazza.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

ImHappyHopeYoureHappyToo wrote:What time should I get there? For being nice and close to the barrier I mean, when I saw MSI at The Roundhouse we queued at 12 and because we were within the first 300 people we got like a raffle ticket and then came back at 5 and got to the front of the queue. Does anyone know if they do the ticket thing for every gig there, or how early we should start?
Doors don't open until 7.00pm so I wouldn't bother going too early. I recommend that you arrive in time to try to catch the support band though(GOLDBLADE) if you like a bit of good old-fashioned punk rock 8)
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

:grin: