Nurses ???

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Andrew
Rats Rally

Post by Andrew »

My wife's a community mental health nurse for older people and they have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. She doesn't have a uniform, though :(
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

On the subject of mental health, my sister is qualified to have nutters locked up.

In fact she feels that description does not suit her professional occupation within a modern mental health service and that such language is unhelpful in trying to understand the needs of those that require care.

Well thats all very well but you can't have nutters running around loose all over the place can you?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
Andrew
Rats Rally

Post by Andrew »

On the same subject, not that long ago in the fair county in which I live, mental patients would have "NFN" scribbed in their notes by doctors. Translated, it meant Normal for Norfolk!
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Andrew wrote:My wife's a community mental health nurse for older people and they have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. She doesn't have a uniform, though :(

So you can't supply a photo of yourself impersonating a nurse ?????

Poor show.....

:grin:
Claireinblack
kent
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Up until about 20 years ago, my local town of Banbury used to have the UK's highest proportion of mentally disturbed people proportionate to the town population. It was great, at one time you could barely walk down the street without bumping into a clearly deranged person.

There was Mad Raymond who would engage the high street window cleaners in a daily game of cowboys and indians, Mad Celia who went to every single wedding held at St Mary's church for about 40 years and would wander the streets (and sometimes the corridors of my school) carrying 2 large suitcases and muttering loudly to some unseen companion.
Then there was a funny little Asian chap who wore an interesting hat and would insist on squeezing between every dustbin, signpost or parked car on his journey around town rather than make use of the more commonly used pavement.
Percy Brain who was a raging homosexualist and would sit outside Fine Fare imaculately dressed with a carnation in his lapel and a bottle of meths in a brown paper bag and would shout polite abuse at passers by "I say there, good morning to you, what a splendid God given morning this is............you fucking cunts, I'll kill you all and piss on your graves............any chance of a quick shag in the bus station toilets?"

Oh happy days! :lol:

God knows what became of them all, dead most of 'em probably. Either that or they're employed as consultants for reality TV shows.
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Claireinblack wrote:
Andrew wrote:My wife's a community mental health nurse for older people and they have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. She doesn't have a uniform, though :(

So you can't supply a photo of yourself impersonating a nurse ?????

Poor show.....

:lol: :lol:
Trust in God, but lock your car
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

ravenlunatic wrote:Up until about 20 years ago, my local town of Banbury used to have the UK's highest proportion of mentally disturbed people proportionate to the town population. It was great, at one time you could barely walk down the street without bumping into a clearly deranged person.

There was Mad Raymond who would engage the high street window cleaners in a daily game of cowboys and indians, Mad Celia who went to every single wedding held at St Mary's church for about 40 years and would wander the streets (and sometimes the corridors of my school) carrying 2 large suitcases and muttering loudly to some unseen companion.
Then there was a funny little Asian chap who wore an interesting hat and would insist on squeezing between every dustbin, signpost or parked car on his journey around town rather than make use of the more commonly used pavement.
Percy Brain who was a raging homosexualist and would sit outside Fine Fare imaculately dressed with a carnation in his lapel and a bottle of meths in a brown paper bag and would shout polite abuse at passers by "I say there, good morning to you, what a splendid God given morning this is............you fucking cunts, I'll kill you all and piss on your graves............any chance of a quick shag in the bus station toilets?"

God knows what became of them all, dead most of 'em probably. Either that or they're employed as consultants for reality TV shows.
HOW ENTERTAINING! I love harmless nuts. Are you keeping a hometown tradition with 'lunatic' as part of your moniker? :P
Trust in God, but lock your car
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

jbinblack wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:Up until about 20 years ago, my local town of Banbury used to have the UK's highest proportion of mentally disturbed people proportionate to the town population. It was great, at one time you could barely walk down the street without bumping into a clearly deranged person.

HOW ENTERTAINING! I love harmless nuts. Are you keeping a hometown tradition with 'lunatic' as part of your moniker? :P

Yeah, they do put a smile on your face.........

Claireinblack
kent