Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Who is making you laugh at the moment?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Anyone seen 'Mock The Week"?
There's a Scottish geezer on there called Frankie Boyle who is absolutely bloody hilarious.
He's deffo my fave at the moment, wouldn't mind seeing him on tour.

MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Good shout Art. When I saw the title of the thread - he was the first person to spring to mind :wink:

Totally outrageous - but piss funny.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Generally a very funny show, that is - Dara O'Briain is very good. Saw him on one of the Live at the Apollo guest slots.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

Recently did a week at the Edinburgh Fringe and a shame Frankie Boyle wasn't on as he is on fire at the moment on MTW.

Although obviously you can't see anywhere near everything you'd want to in 7 days at Edinburgh we did take in 20-odd shows and my fave comedy shows were "Count Arthur Strong - The Man Behind The Smile" and Phil Kay.

Caught a 10 minute snatch (fnarr, fnarr) at the Thursday night BBC Comedy showcase of Sarah Millican who won Best Newcomer and she was very funny and I can see why she's an award winner.

However, possibly the highlight of the week was a 2-handed drama about the life and career of Ian Dury called "ABFCAP" (i.e. "Arseholes, Bastards, Fucking Cunts and Pricks" as said at the start of "Plaistow Patricia") - very moving play with outstanding performances. The guy playing Dury had his voice (speaking and singing), looks and movements down to a tee - you could have believed it was the man himself. This was on a Friday lunchtime and there were only about a dozen or so in the audience but it was spell-binding stuff.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/reviews ... 4420624.jp

For anyone with even a passing interest in Ian Dury (and judging by the demographic of this forum that will be a fair few of you) this play is well worth catching if it goes on tour to a theatre near you!
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Dont really like many modern comidans,most the same bad lanuage rude jokes all the same really.
Me i lke Laural and hardy harold loyld and a big fan of Peter Sellers,esp the pink panther films and the classic Being there.
All the above so diff and origanal these modern comidians are low in standards to these.
Although i do like danny kaye i think he is not too bad quite funny can make you laugh with out to much f ing and blinding
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I recently watched Monty Python's, "Argument" sketch for the first time in years and nearly died laughing.

"Hello. I've come for an argument".

"No you haven't".

"Yes I have".

:lol: :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
BazinBlack

Post by BazinBlack »

Steve McLaren trying to speak dutch, which in his mind is speaking English words with dutch comedy slant to them . He must think its the easiest language in the world. :lol:

Its on youtube but a I can't access it from work.

Bazza
Strolling along minding my own business.....
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

BazinBlack wrote:Steve McLaren trying to speak dutch, which in his mind is speaking English words with dutch comedy slant to them . He must think its the easiest language in the world. :lol:

Its on youtube but a I can't access it from work.

Bazza
Its a pitty it wasnt raining at the liverpool match.
Id love to see that fool Mclaren standing in the rain with a umberella at the side line as his about to go out,never forget tat moment god help that dutch team with mclaren.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

Yeah, Count Arthur Strong is the man of the moment for me. Have been following his radio shows for the last couple of years. He'll probably be moving to telly and as with most comedy switches will be crap :( . Posted a thread about him a while a go with zilch response :lol: .

Frankie Boyle deffo telly comic of the moment by far... loved that line the other week about `that voting for Miliband instead of Brown would be like voting for a set of nested tables'... :lol:
FenDale wrote:Recently did a week at the Edinburgh Fringe and a shame Frankie Boyle wasn't on as he is on fire at the moment on MTW.

Although obviously you can't see anywhere near everything you'd want to in 7 days at Edinburgh we did take in 20-odd shows and my fave comedy shows were "Count Arthur Strong - The Man Behind The Smile"
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Who is making you laugh at the moment?

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:Anyone seen 'Mock The Week"?
There's a Scottish geezer on there called Frankie Boyle who is absolutely bloody hilarious.
He's deffo my fave at the moment, wouldn't mind seeing him on tour.

Spot on ASG-Frankie Boyle's really funny. MTW is a great show. Sean Lock is another of my favourites-very dry sense of humour...
Did someone say "Wonky"?
norman normal

Post by norman normal »

Fawlty towers always make me laugh :grin:
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

norman normal wrote:Fawlty towers always make me laugh :grin:
Yes yes yes
Now that was funny have it all on dvd my fav as to be the buildrs.