The Cramps

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Andrew
Rats Rally

The Cramps

Post by Andrew »

Been listening to a lot of Cramps stuff recently and it's still sounds incredibly fresh. Fantastic live act too, and a quick search tonight has finally turned up their three song stint on The Tube that I've been waiting to appear online for years. I really don't think it gets much better than this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8jHbsI-tL ... re=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyjezKxA ... re=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvCDyVlV ... re=related

Anyone else a fan?
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Gravest Hits EP and debut album are my favourite period (no pun intended :lol: ).

Lost interest post 'Goo-Goo Muck' but was recently re-introduced to the band at Sabrejets gig - the 'newer' stuff sounded refreshingly good.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

Always been a big fan of the Cramps.

Seen them a few times over the years, the last time around 94 (got a great dvd of the gig).

Poison Ivy still looks great considering that she isn't a youngster any more and Lux has to be one of the best frontmen of any band.
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Seen them twice, Empire in Embra and the Barras in Glesgae.
At the Barras gig they played covers of Waylon Jennings 'B'sides and the like. :shock:

The only track I recognised was Surfin' Bird :lol:

Still a great Gig :grin:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Seen them a couple of times too, and it was always a good show. Their music was behind and ahead of their time as well as being of it, a rare feat. A bit like Kraftwerk, kinda. And they were another of them bands that, for a while, you always expected to see them play again- You'd think, I quite fancy seeing the Cramps again, then a month or 2 later there'd be a gig. The Ramones were like that too.
The Stranglers were as well.
Off The Bone, at least, still gets regular plays around these parts, and if Candy Del Mar wasn't one for the Jodie Foster thread than I'll eat my own chicken dancing quiff.
Is there a YouTube clip of them doing "Tear It Up" from Urgh! A Music War? Lux is a un-dead ringer for a Return Of the Living Dead style zombie.
Fantastic! 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

great band, great people!
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Swamp-abilly mayhem - Oh Yeah 8)

Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better