Last Movie Watched

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I went to see the new X-Files movie the other night. Going to the cinema is quite a rarity for me. None the less there's always the odd thing I like to go to and it's less than a fiver at a local cinema on a Tuesday night so why the fuck not.

I am a fan of the Xfiles though I don't really know it after the fourth series. Despite finding a few things a bit confusing such as Mulder and Skully being an item I felt this movie didn't absolutely require having watched every episode of the series.

I found it quite the opposite of the first X Files movie, which unlike a lot of people I quite liked. Where as the first one was mega explosions, CGI, aliens, spaceship this had very little of the glamour by contrast. the whole film was quite dark and sinister, scary even in places. This did have an element of sci-fi in that it probably has a nod to Frankenstein but this was like one of those more believable everyday horrors than the supernatural or alien world of the X files.

X Files aint everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed the experience on the big screen- though this was much more a film with the production values suited to TV than the big screen none the less I'd easily give it 3/5 possibly a 4!
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

at the cinema Control (i haven been in ages no), on dvd marie antoinette (lovely kirsten dunst, superb soundtrack, check it out)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Control was the last film I saw at the cinema before seeing the xfiles the other day as I've said elsewhere I wasn't that impressed with control and I am a Joy Division fan
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

Last film I saw on TV was the 6th Sense...very good film but the twist ending loses it's impact somewhat after you've seen it about 24 times.

Last film I saw at the cinema was the Dark Knight...and yes it was very good.
Hmmmm...
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

I've yet to see 6th Sense all the way through. Every time I sit down to watch it I fall asleep as I find it so boring. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
Baronvon
Rats Rally

Post by Baronvon »

Old Angus wrote:I've yet to see 6th Sense all the way through. Every time I sit down to watch it I fall asleep as I find it so boring. :(
It's not really action packed nor is it easily accessible but it's very cleverly done as on first viewing you don't see the ending twist coming at all...such is the subtlety of the script.
Hmmmm...
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Watched Jumper last night, and what a pile of half baked pish that was.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
henry moore
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by henry moore »

since the olympics are on just now i think i'll have another watch of "munich" over the weekend .its a great film :smt068 or maybe i'll watch wall-e :smt032
take a tour around a henry moore
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Watched on Sky recently

The Hitcher
Dead Mans Shoes
Attonement

All very good.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
johnnyg1968
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by johnnyg1968 »

I watched clone wars this afternoon it wasnt too bad. and watched clerks 2 yesterday on dvd it was well funny
"THE OTHER NIGHT I CHANCED UPON AN IRATE CATERPILLAR"
Andrew
Rats Rally

Post by Andrew »

Watched The Usual Suspects again recently. Not quite as good as first time around (cos of the twist), but still good.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Watched Little Miss Sunshine on Sky movies not so long ago, very good. Last time i went to the cinema was to watch Titanic, hell of a que to get in thou, it was women & children first...................................... i'll get my coat then.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live