Any good guitarist/vocalists on here ?

4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

Babeinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: New Guitarist / Vocalist

Post by Babeinblack »

The Real F'N DL wrote:Any luck with the search?

I have had some experience as a vocalist, guitarist and pianist, I know a few Stranglers tracks too... Peaches, No More Heroes etc...

What do you need to book an audition?

Cheers
GDL
You need to pm me your details , name ,contact details & location etc & also need to know how much experience you've got playing the guitar & need a more detailed list of your repertoire
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Any good guitarist/vocalists on here ?

Post by ThruBeingCool »

:smt059
Last edited by ThruBeingCool on 21 Oct 2007, 17:03, edited 2 times in total.
MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by MANUINBLACK »

mabus wrote:Paul Roberts & John Ellis are free at the moment..
i take it you did not go to any gigs after hugh left then??? :roll:
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Wot's Dave Betteridge up to these days :?:
The Real F'N DL
SHAKESPEARO

Wanted Guitarist / Vocalist

Post by The Real F'N DL »

It is with some regret that I have been forced to post this message, but I hope that it serves as a caveat to anyone wanted to apply / audition for this band.

My name is Dave and a couple of weeks ago I auditioned for this band and successfully got the job 24 hours later. Despite not being a Stranglers fan and having no knowledge of the band whatsoever. I was told that my next couple of months would require intensive learning of the material and absolute commitment. More important than this however was the absolute commital of purchasing a Marshall Amplifier to replace my Line 6. Not just any Marshall of course, but it had to be a half stack and it had to be a valve. Anyone who knows anything about amps knows that these amps retails up to about £1000 brand new and not much less second hand. Certainly more than a humble accounts clerk can afford. So I was told to buy on hire purchase or even hinted at selling my beloved Paul Reed Smith.

For the record, Marshall amps are in my honest opinion, over rated, lack versitility and are of a lower quality build that certain German/US brands.

I had to be sure that my commitment to this band was matched by the other band members, and that if I went out last weekend to buy a new Marshall, they would not betray me and leave me in the dumps with a debt I didn't need.

I posed as an interested party on this board to enquire about an audition. All I needed to hear from the band, or from the PA was... "Sorry, the position has been taken". INstead I got a message to contact the PA and give my contact details. Through a friend, I was eventually contacted by the Bass player and given his details to contact him to arrange an audition. The killer blow... my friend asked..."Have you had any luck finding anyone?"

The worst fear came immediately...NO!

So that is it... If I had purchased this amp, I even got a call from him a week or so back tell me to come and look at an amp he had discovered for me in Sheffield, a snip at £600. (I dont have that kind of cash around)... And another guitarist comes along... well, I would be screwed.

I understand the bands desire to want keep their options open, I understand them wanting a fellow Stranglers fan to join in with the desire to follow the Tribute Band/Stranglers lifestyle. But to ask me to make a financial commitment of this type and going behind my back is frankly unacceptable.

So I have decided that I do not need the stress and I no longer wish to be associated with this outfit... Good luck to anyone else who auditions. I hope your patience is greater than mine.

You don't have to make a reply slagging me off / commending my response on this board to make a message to me because I will not be here in the future. It's not where my heart lies.

If any of the band catches this message (and I have no doubt it will) please do not phone me, do not text me, do not email me and do not try to contact me. I have set my phone to ignore yours and I do not wish to be associated with you... ever.

I have other musical commitments to attend to and I don't need you... YOU NEEDED ME MORE!!!
Attack ships Of Fire On the Shoudlers Of Orion...P'ah!... I Piss Em
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Wanted Guitarist / Vocalist

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

The Real F'N DL wrote:For the record, Marshall amps are in my honest opinion, over rated, lack versitility and are of a lower quality build that certain German/US brands.
lol! funniest thing I have heard all morning.
You say Marshall amps are overrated but there you are using shite modeling-amps like Line6.
Get real mate.
:roll:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Just received a PM form The Real F'N DL.
Thought you might all wanna see it -
The Real F'N DL wrote:Ha Ha ha ha ha Ha !!!!

Line 6 is my practice amp dude....... 75 watt Spider 112 as used by The EDGE. Mick thompson and Jim root and many many others (check the website)

I sold a Randall V2 last year because of financial problems and have been looking to get an amp soon... Top of my list is a LINE 6 / Rienhold Bognor valve which has been touted as the finest produced non boutique amp
EVER MADE!!!!!

My list is is being wittled down from@

Cornford Hurricane 50w combo
Mesa Boogie Road King
Deizel (If I can ever find a decent price for one....)

So as you can see, I am not a dumbass when it comes to amps, I know my stuff and have played most of them.... you name it SOLDANO, MATCHLESS, DUMBLE, VOX AC30, Fender Twin... I have played them all at one time or another.

marshalls are okay for Rock artists who have a very singular sound and refuse to compromise or diversify and any guitar mag will tell you such... But the truth is, to get a good range of sounds you need to go DIGITAL. FACT

Before mouthing off, pretending that you know something about the LINE 6 brand, go check out the LINE 6 website and the list of ENDORSEES.

It reads like WHOs Who... While Marshall's prestige have reduced so much that the only real artistes of note these days are SLASH, Kerry King and Zack Wilde (Oh sorry forgot the f'n DARKNESS!) Altogether Line 6 range of endorees outnumber Marshall by around 5 to one.

Need Proof>?
http://line6.com/artists/index.html?utm ... s+DropDown

Compare Marshalls stock price to Line Six too....

More proof... check the TOTAL GUITAR magazine issue December 2004 on the article "50 BEST GUITAR BUYS OF THE LAST 10 Years"
NOT ONE MARSHALL AMP FEATURES IN THE LIST

LINE 6 WON IT with the POD (I have the rack mounted one!!)
MY AMP the SPIDER 112 came in 24th...

I also own no 2 The LINE 6 VARIAX guitar, Number 4 The Digitech Dan Donegan Weapon and number 29 the MORLEY ALEX TREMONTI WAH.

I also own a genuine US PAUL REED SMITH CE22.

But hey.... why dont you laugh at my amp fuck face? LETS FACE IT YOU KNOW FUCK ALL...

HA!!!!!! HA !!! HA!!!!!!!!

What a fucking Wanker.
Don't let that Twunt in your band, he will fucking bore you to death with stories of all the shite overpriced equipment he has.

:roll:
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

have always said that f you have the talent you will make your equipment "sing". It does not matter what equipment you use eg sit jet behind a fucked up old kit, or give Mr B or Mr G some old gear, or imagine srv with some bashed up old kit. It is pure snobbery, and shows the train spotters up for who they are. a poor tradesman always blames his TOOL/S :twisted:
Griff
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

If I run his reply through 'BABLEFISH' will it make more sense :?:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

ThruBeingCool wrote:If I run his reply through 'BABLEFISH' will it make more sense :?:
Will it fuck!

He should go and play on a Guitar forum with all the rest of the guitar wankers on there and tell them what gear he uses.

He only seems interested in telling me what gear he has, I couldn't give a fuck.
I bet he can't play anyway, the snobby twunt.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Hi, I'm a guitarist from the Leeds area. I can play loads of Stranglers stuff and I can sing, but I don't sound much like Hugh Cornwell. I'd have been interested in an audition, but the post by the disgruntled bloke above seems somewhat off-putting. Surely it's whether you can play the songs and make them sound right that is more important than what your actual gear is? I'm in my forties, have all my own hair and teeth and have been a Stranglers fan since the beginning. I'd be interested in a not-too-intensive association with the band as I have other life commitments.

You could do worse than give me a go. :)
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

id love to play in a stranglers tribute like, cant see much doing in the north east though really, at the moment!!
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.