PAUL ROBERTS FAREWELL SHOW

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

LUKEJAKE17
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by LUKEJAKE17 »

BELLE 77 wrote:NOT LONG TO GO NOW
no-ones holding there breath exactly....
jj burnel finnally kills bono!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6qpRTb ... ers%201985

"ive just had earl gay and biccies at jj's house"
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

I've got a ticket for this... should be good.

I don't see any problem in what Paul is doing organising this gig. Putting on a show is an effort, it's not money for nothing!

8)
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah I'd be on for this meself if it weren't midweek and 100s of miles away.

Jim
Dom P wrote:I've got a ticket for this... should be good.

I don't see any problem in what Paul is doing organising this gig. Putting on a show is an effort, it's not money for nothing!

8)
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Enjoy yourself! After giving Paul a bit of a slagging and well...recently listening to In The Night - hes not all that bad.
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

50millionwatches wrote:
Enjoy yourself! After giving Paul a bit of a slagging and well...recently listening to In The Night - hes not all that bad.
I like a lot of what PR done with the band. I don't think it was like what people expected but I personally really liked About Time and even Written in Red brings back some fond memories.

Whoever is going, have a great time and I hope you give him all the support he deserves.
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
touchline
Down In The Sewer

Post by touchline »

Me and a mate will make the gig. A few beers before and a few after. Hope it goes well for Paul, for me he kept the band going and gave us years of more stranglers. The band maybe more tighter now but Paul and John gave something and for me it's a friendly goodbye.

touchline.
GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

PR

Post by GRIFF »

Have a good one guys and gals. Review the events please, and keep us distant folks in the loop. Give John and Paul best wishes from Aus. Hope everyone has a good time, and echo the sentiments that Paul and his minstrels receive the praise/applause they rightly deserve. Rock on.
Griff
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

touchline wrote:Me and a mate will make the gig. A few beers before and a few after. Hope it goes well for Paul, for me he kept the band going and gave us years of more stranglers. The band maybe more tighter now but Paul and John gave something and for me it's a friendly goodbye.

touchline.
Nicely put Touchline. I could have written that myself apart from the beers after, think it will be one mad dash for the train!

Hope to see some familiar faces there

Jez
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....
touchline
Down In The Sewer

Post by touchline »

jem750 wrote:
touchline wrote:Me and a mate will make the gig. A few beers before and a few after. Hope it goes well for Paul, for me he kept the band going and gave us years of more stranglers. The band maybe more tighter now but Paul and John gave something and for me it's a friendly goodbye.

touchline.
Nicely put Touchline. I could have written that myself apart from the beers after, think it will be one mad dash for the train!

Hope to see some familiar faces there

Jez
Cheers Jez,
Went last night, although a little drunk. The gig went very quickly. It seemed to pass me by. At the end I just wanted to go, it just felt that this era was over and all need to go their seperate ways. Nice to see John again. The support band were just a noise. I went for a pee, and a guy in the toilets said to me "what do you think of the support band?" I said "crap", he then went on to say "they were his mates!" I finished my pee and said "well their still crap". He just laughed. I noticed the gig was filmed, maybe worth a buy so I can view it totally sober. The audience was made up of what seemed very nice people, which was nice.

Touchline