Manchester gig

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

Getting me tickets (17 of em) tommorow, they're due to play in acadamy2 but I don't think there's owt on at acadamy1 that night so they may shift it over. I reserved my tickets so I don't mind mentioning they are selling 'very well'. It sold out last time and as soon as they get a bit more publicity it'll probably sell out overnight so, if you're going, get yer tickets now, just in case.

if I may suggest a pub:-
Jabez cleggs (think that's how it's spelt), just across the road round the first corner about 8.00ish.
:boozer: :pissedagain: :boozer: :pissedagain: :boozer:
....near the nearside window.....
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Now I was thinking about this the other day but I`m almost 100% sure I saw them play the main Academy in the early 90`s. So how come in 10-15 years touring they`re reduced to the smaller venue??! Someone should point this out to them!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

They played the main Academy about four or times in the early 90's and the audience got progressively smaller each time to the extent they did not play there again for about seven years , that is until the last tour.
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

Yes you're right, steve.
just got the tickets and an itinery of other concerts. Due on acadamy1 are far lesser bands than the stranglers.

On the plus point there is no gig scheduled for 6th march in acadamy1, I asked them if they may move it to acadamy 1 if it sold out soon and they say it's a possibility.
No stranglers adverts, posters up or anything anywhere to be seen.????
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

sorry steve I didn't see your post on the main board saying it has been switched to the main acadamy, that's great news much better venue holds 2000 plus I think.
They didn't say anything about that when I got the tickets, still I don't suppose they need to know.
STEVEh
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by STEVEh »

There were posters up in the Academy itself last weekend for the Stranglers when I was at the NME gig there. I think it was only switched to Academy 1 yesterday.
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

I lost my bet with both Jim and mctownie that btc would rise up the charts :(
anyhow, being a man of honor I will gladly pay up.
Jabez cleggs pub, 6th march, 7.45-8.00pm.
I'll be the one with a black stranglers t-shirt on.

:p
black faces convention one that is, and stood with a group of 17 oldcodgersinblack. be good to see you both, hopefully.
:pissedagain: :p :pissedagain:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Got me ticket through the other day for this. Do we have a plan of attack then? Pre-match ales?

Jim
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

there's several bars in the uni complex according to a flyer I picked up, including a nice looking new one just on the corner.
us lot will hit the uni area about 7.15ish.
steve seems to know the area best, perhaps he could suggest a pub about that time.
it makes sense to have the last pre-gig drinky in jabez cleggs, cos it's just across from the venue, although they may have crappy music on.
over to you steve.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

This is why we should have an `ugly mugs` section in the gallery so we can identify people instead of us all having to wear carnations. Mind you that said where`s the T-Shirts? Carl!?

Jim
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

with reference to the wolverhampton post about sellouts on the tour and how acadamy was going:

I rang up the acadamy today cos I heard a rumour it had sold out, it hasn't.
They are coy about saying how many tickets there are left, I suspect because the touts round there would make a killing.
anyhow they moved it from acadamy2 weeks back now and they'd sold over 1000 then, so it'll be near enough full I would think.
for reference, anyone thinking of going, at this late stage, can book tickets on the phone and pick them up at reception, thereby avoiding the ridiculous booking fees, the number is:
0161 2752930 (students union, they'll put you through)
Jabez cleggs pub-8.00pm for pre gig refreshments?

:pissedagain:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I`m getting the train in for 8 so I`ll probably go straight to the venue to check out Goldblade

Jim