So who's going to Cambridge tonight? :lol:
Alison Ratface and...
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Cambridge

Post by Freddie Laker »

I'll be there.
According to the Corn Exchange, stage times are a few mins earlier than usual tonight, with Godfathers at 8:00 and MIB at 9:00.
Ratface
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Ratface »

Ta for the info Freddie, useful to know.
:smt006
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

Freddie Laker wrote:I'll be there.
According to the Corn Exchange, stage times are a few mins earlier than usual tonight, with Godfathers at 8:00 and MIB at 9:00.
Thank you for that! See you later!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Hope you have a good un.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

8)
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Nah, can't go on that date because NI are playing Russia at Windsor and I'm not missing the game. That turned out well.
rotten thoughts
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

just got home from Cambridge, have to say what a great gig it was - as everyone knows already the band really are in top form at the moment, everything just sounding so tight & professional - well oiled machine.

And up for it ! A playful JJ tonight, started the gig kicking his leg up, gave us a few jumps too, dancing, moving well classic JJ really. His vocals sounding very strong, especially on thrown away but on everything he sang. Baz too singing really well - I do think the vocals have improved no end on this tour.

And so has Genetix, sounding much much more coherent than it has on previous recent tours - they really have nailed that one now !

Baz gave us a few laughs too referring to some kids near the front on one occasion asking for their ears to be covered up before nubiles was played..not a track I generally rate too much these days but tonight it sounded brilliant.

Highlites ? Difficult really cause everything was spot on. Usual format with Jet coming on to play from Genetix onwards - it's a great set but no Sewer (again) for me tonight.

I always enjoy this venue, great sound and although must have been almost full tonight it is not too manic and there is some space to move if you want to.

All in all a great night !
I Hate You !
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Cheers for the review aldinblack 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Thanks for the review, fella... yes I agree a great set-list this current tour:
English Towns, Grip, Straighten Out, Bitching, Toiler, Something Better Change, Thrown Away, W.W.W, Tank, Genetix, Goodbye Toulouse 8) ... AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, Mr Jet Black... Mint!
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Thanks for the review mate.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

by aldinblack » 23 Mar 2013, 01:38

just got home from Cambridge, have to say what a great gig it was - as everyone knows already the band really are in top form at the moment, everything just sounding so tight & professional - well oiled machine.

And up for it ! A playful JJ tonight, started the gig kicking his leg up, gave us a few jumps too, dancing, moving well classic JJ really. His vocals sounding very strong, especially on thrown away but on everything he sang. Baz too singing really well - I do think the vocals have improved no end on this tour.

And so has Genetix, sounding much much more coherent than it has on previous recent tours - they really have nailed that one now !

Baz gave us a few laughs too referring to some kids near the front on one occasion asking for their ears to be covered up before nubiles was played..not a track I generally rate too much these days but tonight it sounded brilliant.

Highlites ? Difficult really cause everything was spot on. Usual format with Jet coming on to play from Genetix onwards - it's a great set but no Sewer (again) for me tonight.

I always enjoy this venue, great sound and although must have been almost full tonight it is not too manic and there is some space to move if you want to.

All in all a great night !
Good review AiB spot on

Must say can't remember goin to a gig before where it had to stop to allow a path to open up to let the Wheelchair fan right at the front get out.
She didn't look great.
Think really there ought to be a better way though - maybe a bay area
Probably getting more important think about stuff like that as the years roll

Anyway managed to dance from off which must say is easier if there is space

Freedom just continues to get stronger & stronger
& pure quality for MSD/EF - just like it was - so i think that really is a big win for Baz

Grip always remains great to hear
& even Heroes was spot on - JJ nailed the intro inmo for the 1st time in a while of me seeing

My knees are shot this morning - and to boot i got a text from my neighbour saying how on Sky to ask your elderly neighbours how they are in the bad weather & then the cheeky git checked if i was ok

Anyway dancin for 90 mins with a few rests tells me that as at now I'm still 17 - well in my mind that is

So that takes me to Skin Deep
I remember listening to it at SBE a few years back and it was really dire - not fit
Well tonite it was just the dogs
A testimony to how tight the band have got to.

Got the DVD but disappointed the CD was sold out - only 28 allocated for the night - something wrong there

The balcony looked a bit flat must say - maybe the seats need taking out

A good night out - albeit a bit snowy on the way back
White out this morning

On On On On
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974