Carlisle

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Carlisle

Post by NMH1965 »

mctownie wrote:Anybody going and meetting up beforehand?

Anyone know if the venue is any good?
Enjoy Mate 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

BrightRaven wrote:Which hotel are you staying at mctownie? I'm in two minds about whether to drive back down the M6 after the gig or stay overnight in Carlisle. It could get a bit dodgy south of Penrith if there's snow n ice. This is assuming that the band make it up to Cumbria themselves... not that I'm being pessimistic or anything.

Someone needs to sort this shitty weather out. :smt075

:grin:
Hi,

The Hallmark near the centre - the missus booked it looks quite nice. Glad i'm doing an overnight, hopefully a few beers after the gig somewhere decent
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

Will be in the Turf Tavern (Hungry Horse) before the gig looks a decent bar next to the venue. Anybody going to make it????
BrightRaven
SHAKESPEARO

Post by BrightRaven »

mctownie wrote:Will be in the Turf Tavern (Hungry Horse) before the gig looks a decent bar next to the venue. Anybody going to make it????
Yeah I'll be there. I'm going to phone the venue this afternoon and check what time the Godfathers will be on but I'm aiming to get to the venue for around 7 o'clock. Here's a mugshot of myself though I may well be wearing a black shirt tonight. That'll make me stand out in the crowd. :P

http://www.wintonwebdesign.co.uk/about.html

Getting the air guitar tuned up for tonight.... :smt035

Oh and I'm going to take my chances with the weather and will be heading back down the M6 after the gig.
Links to my book, blog, music, radio show etc...
http://www.wintonwebdesign.co.uk/
punkerdgray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by punkerdgray »

just found out my mate has tickets for me cant wait am taking my son this will be the first time he has seen the stranglers have told him prepare to be amazed.
BrightRaven
SHAKESPEARO

Post by BrightRaven »

I just phoned the Sands Centre and despite it saying 7:30 start on the tickets, I've been told that the doors open at 8, Godfathers on 8:15ish and the MIB on after 9.

I'm getting a bit excited now. :grin:
BrightRaven
SHAKESPEARO

Post by BrightRaven »

Well I'm properly pissed off. Set off at 6pm and 20 miles up the M6 my exhaust decides it's had enough. I manage to get to the Tebay services and phone Co-op Breakdown but guess what? Despite my car sounding like a tractor and probably being a danger to other road users they won't send anyone to help coz I haven't actually broken down. Oh fucking great. Thanks a fucking million. So I crawl up the M6 to the next turn off and start heading down the A6 from Shap to Kendal, top speed 40 mph.

At least I've made it home but I've missed the gig. How shitty is that?

:evil: :cry:

:smt067 Co-op breakdown
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bad luck mate - I recommend a decent bottle of wine and the DVD on very loud!.

Jim
BrightRaven wrote:Well I'm properly pissed off. Set off at 6pm and 20 miles up the M6 my exhaust decides it's had enough. I manage to get to the Tebay services and phone Co-op Breakdown but guess what? Despite my car sounding like a tractor and probably being a danger to other road users they won't send anyone to help coz I haven't actually broken down. Oh fucking great. Thanks a fucking million. So I crawl up the M6 to the next turn off and start heading down the A6 from Shap to Kendal, top speed 40 mph.

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

BrightRaven wrote:Well I'm properly pissed off. Set off at 6pm and 20 miles up the M6 my exhaust decides it's had enough. I manage to get to the Tebay services and phone Co-op Breakdown but guess what? Despite my car sounding like a tractor and probably being a danger to other road users they won't send anyone to help coz I haven't actually broken down. Oh fucking great. Thanks a fucking million. So I crawl up the M6 to the next turn off and start heading down the A6 from Shap to Kendal, top speed 40 mph.

why didnt you just carry on and ignore the exhaust? i've done that in the past.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
BrightRaven
SHAKESPEARO

Post by BrightRaven »

theraven1979 wrote:Bad luck mate - I recommend a decent bottle of wine and the DVD on very loud!.

Jim
I poured myself a large whisky when I got in. Funnily enough I wasn't in the mood to listen to The Stranglers when I got in and put some Black Crowes on instead.

I suppose I could have carried on up the M6 but the last time I had a similar problem (different car) the exhaust came loose and was scrapping along the road. That was on the M6 near Tebay too. What is it about that stretch of road? Anyway I really didn't want a repeat of that experience. And there was me fretting about the weather. That was the least of my problems!

Oh well, never mind. Shit happens. Maybe I'll get to see them on the next tour.