2011 Convention Transportation

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

2011 Convention Transportation

Post by theraven1979 »

On a slightly more productive thread to some of the recent drivel posted on here I thought I'd offer up the following:-

From Sunday you should be able to buy train tickets for the convention. Anyone getting the train down? We could all hook up with some tinnies, and sing Stranglers songs to annoy other passengers (told you this would be productive).

Or is anyone travelling down by car? (or up! this isn't exclusively for the Northerners, calm down Pidge!) - If people are travelling in the car we could maybe organise car shares and split the petrol costs etc.

Just an idea.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: 2011 Convention Transportation

Post by Alias »

Good ideas Jim. :smile:
Throw in a ticket for the convention, and I'm there. :evil:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

theraven1979 wrote:From Sunday you should be able to buy train tickets for the convention. Anyone getting the train down? We could all hook up with some tinnies, and sing Stranglers songs to annoy other passengers (told you this would be productive).
Just an idea.

Jim
We're travelling down by train, got an email alert set for the cheap tix & a Family Railcard(Save 1/3 on adult & 60% on childs' fares).
Usual price @£173(available all the time), Cheapest test date(Friday 28 Oct 2011- Monday 31 Oct 2011) has come in @ £98 return for the 3 of us 8), so will be keeping my beady eye on them.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Simon Templar
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Simon Templar »

Think I'll skip travelling down. It'll be best for me to travel up!
sparta7
Rats Rally

Post by sparta7 »

I'm coming down on the Saturday morning from Chester, so probably via Crewe. I dont normally drink in the mornings, but if I stay up all night then it will still be night time, so I will be fine. I reckon so anyway.
"Do you mind dear boy I just cant stand all this tension, could I squeeze in front of you so I can cash me pension, oooooh ooooh yippee ay oooohhhh"
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Just jump on a train without paying.
I normally find this the cheapest method of traveling.
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Cheers Jim for this thread. I'll be travelling down and back by train, mate Ian is booking the tickets this weekend.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Travelling down on the Friday.Still to arrange with Red Eyes Ray which form of transport to take.Obviously the cheapest..with the exception of the 'Magicbus'..(fkn nightmare)It'll probably be the train taking the strain.If you read this Mr.Toiler,could you send me the link that you're using to book your own? :wink:

Just noticed your trainline link Mr T.Alert now set... :roll:

must pay more attention x 100...tsk!
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Just checked out flights..Glw to Stanstead..£50 return..hmmm but that'll mean train to Liverpool St and then tube to Camden..Is Stanstead a better bet than Gatwick?Anyone?
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

APOLLO79 wrote:Just checked out flights..Glw to Stanstead..£50 return..hmmm but that'll mean train to Liverpool St and then tube to Camden..Is Stanstead a better bet than Gatwick?Anyone?
Much of a muchness really???
Stansted Xpress goes to Liverpool St(£27.30 Rtn Online), then 9 mins on Metropolitan or Circle or Hammersmith & City Line towards King's Cross St.Pancras.

Gatwick Xpress goes to Victoria(£27.40 Rtn online), then 10 mins on Victoria Line to Kings X.

Heathrow Express goes to Paddington(remembering to pack marmalade sandwiches) (£30 Rtn online), then Take the Bakerloo Line towards Baker Street , then take the Metropolitan or Hammersmith & City or Circle Line towards King's Cross St.Pancras
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Anyone in the Greater Manchester area travelling by train/motor then ping us a PM and we'll get the ball rolling :smt006
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
jem750
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jem750 »

Yep I'll be travelling UP by train, cheers Jim! :grin:

Jez
I Spend My Time Watching The Ocean....