Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Reviews of gigs and socials. Very poor.

Post by PaulinLondon »

Why have we become lazy ?

We are not doing reviews like we used to.

Pigeon has done some good ones recently but overall, we are very down on the content quality front.

Should we all go for a drink and discuss this ? York ? Halfway house, like.

:smt069
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Reviews of gigs and socials. Very poor.

Post by Tim »

York? Yes good choice.
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

If you ever decide to come up to York gimme a shout. Every day I walk along the River Ouse. Only reason I turn up to be honest!

Jim
PaulinLondon wrote:Why have we become lazy ?

We are not doing reviews like we used to.

Pigeon has done some good ones recently but overall, we are very down on the content quality front.

Should we all go for a drink and discuss this ? York ? Halfway house, like.

:smt069
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Think it's pretty obvious why the pix and reviews are kinda slow and half arsed.
I do agree with your view that very little of us have made the effort and to those who have
we salute you.TBC,Pidge,Alias,Jimbo...ah FB..GOT A LOT TO ANSWER FOR!
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

APOLLO79 wrote:Think it's pretty obvious why the pix and reviews are kinda slow and half arsed.
I do agree with your view that very little of us have made the effort and to those who have

:smt006

To be honest I never really made the effort much this time around either. Didn't take the camera
out my pocket for the Glasgow gig, and never brought it to Edinburgh at all. It was fucked by the time
Hugh rolled around, and it was just the video that was working. I wrote a wee bit after the Shug gig,
but never really bothered for the Strangs gigs, it had all been pretty much covered already and anything
I could have added has to be done within a couple of hours of the event or it just slips out of the old
braincells these days. But, yeah, I used to make a bit more effort, suppose I'm falling into the "There's
nothing I can add to the above review" trap, a bit.
That's the point, innit, nae point in whinging about the lack of something if you can add it yourself.
It takes reminding sometimes that Jim just hosts the site, it's us that feckin' write it :twisted:
Links to downloads, and Dom's brilliant boot revamps have added something to the site recently, there's
been loads of cool photies and some videos that look good enough to have been offishul, and some folk
still make the effort thumping sausage fingers to keyboard (BBeered, Pidge, the cracking Euro Reports all
spring to mind-even RedEye Ray always responding to a simple download link with half his feckin life-story. :lol:)
And great it is too 8)
But, yeah, a bit more story telling would be nice. :smt033
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I agree. Personally, these days I don't bother with photos (or recording *ahem*) so much as I just wanna witness the event. I do like to get a review up fairly soonish though (even if it's just a couple of paragraphs/sentences) while everything is fresh in my mind. With regards to Facebook - aside from sticking photos up you're hardly gonna get reviews like some of the excellent stuff that's been placed on here over the years and long may it continue.

Jim

Alias wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote:Think it's pretty obvious why the pix and reviews are kinda slow and half arsed.

:smt006

To be honest I never really made the effort much this time around either. Didn't take the camera
out my pocket for the Glasgow gig, and never brought it to Edinburgh at all. It was fucked by the time
Hugh rolled around, and it was just the video that was working. I wrote a wee bit after the Shug gig,
but never really bothered for the Strangs gigs, it had all been pretty much covered already and anything
I could have added has to be done within a couple of hours of the event or it just slips out of the old
braincells these days. But, yeah, I used to make a bit more effort, suppose I'm falling into the "There's
nothing I can add to the above review" trap, a bit.
That's the point, innit, nae point in whinging about the lack of something if you can add it yourself.
It takes reminding sometimes that Jim just hosts the site, it's us that feckin' write it :twisted:
Links to downloads, and Dom's brilliant boot revamps have added something to the site recently, there's
been loads of cool photies and some videos that look good enough to have been offishul, and some folk
still make the effort thumping sausage fingers to keyboard (BBeered, Pidge, the cracking Euro Reports all
spring to mind-even RedEye Ray always responding to a simple download link with half his feckin life-story. :lol:)
And great it is too 8)
But, yeah, a bit more story telling would be nice. :smt033
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

[quote="theraven1979"]I agree. Personally, these days I don't bother with photos (or recording *ahem*) so much as I just wanna witness the event. I do like to get a review up fairly soonish though (even if it's just a couple of paragraphs/sentences) while everything is fresh in my mind. With regards to Facebook - aside from sticking photos up you're hardly gonna get reviews like some of the excellent stuff that's been placed on here over the years and long may it continue.

Jim

Gotta agree there.

Come August we'll try and make a difference..won't we Alias?....ahem I said won't WE ALIAS?!! :P :wink: 8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

APOLLO79 wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I agree. Personally, these days I don't bother with photos (or recording *ahem*) so much as I just wanna witness the event. I do like to get a review up fairly soonish though (even if it's just a couple of paragraphs/sentences) while everything is fresh in my mind. With regards to Facebook - aside from sticking photos up you're hardly gonna get reviews like some of the excellent stuff that's been placed on here over the years and long may it continue.

Jim

Gotta agree there.

Come August we'll try and make a difference..won't we Alias?....ahem I said won't WE ALIAS?!! :P :wink: 8)

Wot?
Aye, okay, as long as you leave the camera at home next time, snapper :P :twisted:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

One of the things I love about being on here is doing the after-gig reviews, posting pics, and more recently, the videos - thanks for the acknowledgement Alias - I do try my best :wink:

Not everyone is comfortable with the photos and videos - some are more "traditional" when it comes to gig-going - you go to the gig, watch and listen, go mad in the crowd and then go home/to the pub etc.

That's fine and sometimes the amount of cameras in the crowd does look a bit much, even for me. But, I hold my hands up, I'm guilty - I enjoy taking photos, and see it almost as a 'service' to others that aren't at the gig and makes me feel like I am contributing something worthwhile to this fine forum.

I shall continue to do my 'bit' on here for as long as it is required and enjoyed by others - I hope everyone else who does carries on too, it is, after all, what keeps the forum ticking over :grin:
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well said

Jim
Blackbeered wrote:One of the things I love about being on here is doing the after-gig reviews, posting pics, and more recently, the videos - thanks for the acknowledgement Alias - I do try my best :wink:

Not everyone is comfortable with the photos and videos - some are more "traditional" when it comes to gig-going - you go to the gig, watch and listen, go mad in the crowd and then go home/to the pub etc.

That's fine and sometimes the amount of cameras in the crowd does look a bit much, even for me. But, I hold my hands up, I'm guilty - I enjoy taking photos, and see it almost as a 'service' to others that aren't at the gig and makes me feel like I am contributing something worthwhile to this fine forum.

I shall continue to do my 'bit' on here for as long as it is required and enjoyed by others - I hope everyone else who does carries on too, it is, after all, what keeps the forum ticking over :grin:
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I 70% of the time mainly come on here to abuse Adam neil :lol:, but 30% of the time i might post something of relevence, 10% of the time it will be about Metallica., 5% of the time it might even be spelt correctley.

The lenghthy reviews are down to the Aspergers and Autisim i apparentley have been diagnosed with by more than one person on the black and blue tour.

I look to Gizz and Mike for photos from Gigs because i for one can't be arsed taking them.
HamsterInBlack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by HamsterInBlack »

As a newcomer, I'd like to say that I'm well impressed by the quality and range of posts here. More would also be good, but I'm enjoying the reviews, photos, recordings and general enthusiasm. Thanks. :smile: