Major Curry Night Opportunities - Black and Blue - Vindaloo.

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Major Curry Night Opportunities - Black and Blue - Vindaloo.

Post by PaulinLondon »

Right.

I see it like this.

If work is a problem the next day, the best gigs for a post concert curry appear to be as follows :

Newcastle.

Glasgow.

Edinburgh (It's a Sunday, who cares ?

Hammersmith Apollo.

Leeds.

Leicester It's a Sunday, who cares ?

Brighton

Birmingham

Sheffield

Manchester.

I open the floor for discussion.

Sometimes, the post gig curries are as good as the gig.

God help us.

Comments....
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Major Curry Night Opportunities - Black and Blue - Vinda

Post by theraven1979 »

Good thinking Lord PiL

Leeds http://www.shabab.uk.com/menus.html open until 12.30

Also, Mumtaz but it's a bit of a tonk across town http://mumtaz.co.uk/Leeds_gallery/www/I ... ndex_.html

Obviously we need definite numbers so we can negotiate with them

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Newcastle would have to be The Rupali in the Big Market

It often gets a mention in VIZ Magazine and boasts Britains hottest curry :smt010 basically if you can finnish it then its free! 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Blackbeered
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Blackbeered »

PaulinLondon wrote:Right.

I see it like this.

If work is a problem the next day, the best gigs for a post concert curry appear to be as follows :

Newcastle.

Glasgow.

Edinburgh (It's a Sunday, who cares ?

Hammersmith Apollo.

Leeds.

Leicester It's a Sunday, who cares ?

Brighton

Birmingham

Sheffield

Manchester.

I open the floor for discussion.

Sometimes, the post gig curries are as good as the gig.

God help us.

Comments....
Good evening Paul, I trust you are well :smt006

Firstly, does this list mean that you will be in attendance at all of these gigs....or just that they are the best for 'a late one' :?: Would be marvellous to see you at the Brum gig for instance :idea: ;-)

For me, the gigs at Hammersmith and Birmingham would be favourite for a post-gig (and pre-gig of course!) gathering. Others I intend to go to are mid-week (Oxford and Bristol), so a quick drink afterwards and home to bed it will be.

London and Brum though, sounds good to me :P
Bring me a piece of my mummy, she was quite close to me........
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

If we have a post gig curry after the Glasgow gig I'd have to recommend the Spice Garden which is literally a five minute walk from the gig and the Laurieston.
For all our Scottish viewers a certain Tam Cowan reviewed the place for his restaurant column in the Record and gave it a 23/25 result.It also has the benefit of
being open until 4am and central enough for those who are staying in Glasgow overnight and not far to crawl back to their respective 'digs'! :P
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Blackbeered wrote: Good evening Paul, I trust you are well :smt006

Firstly, does this list mean that you will be in attendance at all of these gigs....or just that they are the best for 'a late one' :?: Would be marvellous to see you at the Brum gig for instance :idea: ;-)
Hi Mike. 8)

I won't be at all of the gigs but thought it best to focus on curry plans earlier rather than later. :smt006
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Audreyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Audreyinblack »

APOLLO79 wrote:If we have a post gig curry after the Glasgow gig I'd have to recommend the Spice Garden which is literally a five minute walk from the gig and the Laurieston.
For all our Scottish viewers a certain Tam Cowan reviewed the place for his restaurant column in the Record and gave it a 23/25 result.It also has the benefit of
being open until 4am and central enough for those who are staying in Glasgow overnight and not far to crawl back to their respective 'digs'! :P

Sounds good, I've only tried one of Tam Cowan's high scorers in the restaurant review that's in Saturday's ''Daily Ranger' mag & that was also in Glasgow & we weren't disappointed :smile:
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Audreyinblack wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote:If we have a post gig curry after the Glasgow gig I'd have to recommend the Spice Garden which is literally a five minute walk from the gig and the Laurieston.

Sounds good, I've only tried one of Tam Cowan's high scorers in the restaurant review that's in Saturday's ''Daily Ranger' mag & that was also in Glasgow & we weren't disappointed :smile:
Either that, or it was the Sunday Liam. :roll:
TAFKA TrampinBlack