All roads led to (F)rome - but look out for traffic

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

All roads led to (F)rome - but look out for traffic

Post by saminblack »

Just to let you know all the roads heading to Glastonbury (and some of them are ones that head for Frome too) are gridlocked at the moment and heavy jams are predicted for the next couple of days.

People may be lucky tomorrow (particularly later on) but it may be worth just factoring in an extra bit of time in case. And if you do get their earlier - well that is not a hardship with beer on tap!

PS If you are really bored tomorrow stuck in a jam or stuck in Frome, The Stranglers are featured with a sizeable pic in The Somerset Standard (Frome's paper) concerning their visit to the Cheese n Grain. (It is not a new interview by the way). They are alo named by some bloke as being one of the top ten bands not to be missed at Glastonbury. I know this because I am that 'some bloke'.

PPS The Stranglers are also in Frome today (Wednesday) helping to launch a music contest they will be judging based around an exhibition of cartoons by Ralph Steadman. Will post up pix at some point....
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: All roads led to (F)rome - but look out for traffic

Post by FenDale »

Sam, any local advice on which are likely to be the roads to avoid at all costs heading off the M4.

I was planning on coming off at Chip'num and going through Bradford; does that sound "safe"?
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Nice one Sam, what a nice bloke you are :D

Are you going top Glastonbury AND Frome then? We're setting off for G from Leeds tonight.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

Cheers Sam

was thinking of coming down the A303 myself!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

If you get off at the Tomarton junction(18) and head towards Bath(A46) it's around 14.2 miles to the venue from that junction.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Bloody tree huggin hippies. Cnuts the lot of em i say. Bastards better not be on my train or they will be getting a dose of SLAYER!.
bloss_x
SHAKESPEARO

Post by bloss_x »

Not metallica pidge ?
saminblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by saminblack »

...just been chatting to the guy runs a local community radio show for Frome and that part of Somerset (Somer Valley FM) and he is planning to do a Stranglers special tomorrow which will include among other things a big interview with Baz. He is the chap I did my 'desert island discs' for and he knows about my, err, passion on this subject!

You won't be able to tune in outside of this immediate area but it is streamed live on the internet so when I know when the show is on I will put it up here if I can. He's interviewing a couple of fans he knows (me included) and I am intrigued as to who the other one is because his choice of a song/single to play is In Heaven She Walks.

He thought Baz was an amazingly nice guy by the way.
They'll be called the survivors..you know why?....cos they're gonna survive
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

saminblack wrote:PPS The Stranglers are also in Frome today (Wednesday) helping to launch a music contest they will be judging based around an exhibition of cartoons by Ralph Steadman. Will post up pix at some point....
http://www.stranglers.net/index.html
This is actually taking place tomorrow (Thurs) around lunchtime although the Arts Centre website says Wednesday 24th.

A303 for me too Rodders-watch out for the Stonehenge single carriageway stretch though :twisted:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Don't think the trains are too brilliant either ... one every 2 hours between Bristol and Frome :shock:
More than plenty of time to read The Somerset Standard if I can get hold of a copy then ...

:lol: :lol:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Ice
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ice »

gizzard wrote:If you get off at the Tomarton junction(18) and head towards Bath(A46) it's around 14.2 miles to the venue from that junction.
Hey Gizz, that's the way I was going to go but Google then confused the issue by directing me to the toll road around Bath; should I do that or go through the centre (London Road)?
Thanks. :smt006
Deadly with make-up on...
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

pigeon wrote:Bloody tree huggin hippies. Cnuts the lot of em i say. Bastards better not be on my train or they will be getting a dose of SLAYER!.
Just couldn't help thinking how fantastic it would be pidgeon if you were to inadvertently (if you'll forgive the pun) discover that you were conceived at said CND as-it-was- then festival.