Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Touching Cloth

Post by APOLLO79 »

Tune in next week...
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Touching Cloth

Post by APOLLO79 »

Where to start...?At the beginning I suppose.....Friday the 19th of March 2010..06.40hrs......

Got outta bed and the kids are already causing chaos.Mrs A is making breakfast and getting Tod & Alexandra ready for school.So far so good,by 8.30
the house is empty so I decide to make myself a bacon sandwich then shower & shave..so I put the bacon in the oven and have a seat then I fall asleep :shock:
Mrs A returns at approx.09.40 and wakens me with the words "What's that smell?"I'd burned the bacon and I'm meeting Ray in an hour In the Laurieston! :shock:
Proceed to shower but miss out the shave and get me threads on and out the door in record time!Had arranged with 'The Barber' to shave what hair I've got left off :shock:
my napper but this too had to be skipped.Get to the Laurie and Ray's nowhere to be seen :? Phone Ray and he's stuck in traffic on the bus some two miles away.
It's 10.45 and our flight's at 12.30,plenty of time for a quick pint....or so I thought..

Ray turns up about 11.15,downs a beer in record time and we order a Taliban Taxi.It's 11.40 and we're cutting it fine.Get to the airport and although we're late checking in
we get through and make our way to security desk only to find 300 people in front of us in the queue!We stand and wait and realise drastic action must be taken or we'll
miss our flight.So I ask a 'wee' fella where he's going and when his flight is.He tells us "London" and "In two hours".That's when we decide to start queue jumping.Our flight's
in 15 minutes and if we don't do it we're going to miss the flight.After a little push in the right direction from a very nice couple who tell us just go to the front, we're off.!
We get to security and and get our things through only for Rays' bag to get a random search!During this our names are called over the tannoy for a last call to the departure gate
which just happens to be the furthest away.They were about to leave as we got there.Out of breath and sweat pishing out of us we board the plane.London here we come!!!!

Nice quick flight and a saunter through Heathrow.Plenty of time on our hands so we relax and elect to take the tube into Hammersmith.So far so good..it's all falling into place.
We pass 'The Swan' on the way to the hotel and Alan(I've forgotten his forum name :roll:) gives us a shout.Right away it sets the mood.It's going to be a good night.
We check in to our hotel only to find our 'allocated' room has been taken and we'll have to wait for another.15 minutes later a room has been arranged and up we go only to
find the smallest 'twin' room known to man.I'd the suspicion that they'd snuck another single bed into a single room while they stalled us in the lobby.
So we change,dump our gear and head out for the night.After a quick bite to eat we head to The Swan for a pint before we nip round to the Duke.While we're downing a pint
we catch sight of Rodders,Clare and a few others looking around outside.A quick call on the mobile and a meet n greet was had.Rodders n Clare decide to make their way to the
Duke and we follow not far behind them.It was then we decided to go for our Banner On The Balcony. :lol: We nipped across the road into a diy/hardware store and bought a
can of red spray paint.Then we decided Primark was the shop for the bed sheet.In we went,up the esculator and into the home dept.We picked a single size white sheet and
waltzed out the door with it!Fuck waiting in queues :wink: And off to the Duke we went!

There we meet up with all the crew.PiL,Pidge,TBC,Rodders,who greets me with a cigar,Clare,Gizz,Mr&Mrs RL,the Canada Crew and loads of others who are familiar and those not so
familiar.Special mention for Paul from Darlo :smt006 Great pre gig meet and greet,a few pints and then to business...Will we or won't we do this banner?If we do how will we get it in?
So we spread the word and ask for suggestions on what to write on it.General consensus agree we should do it and the favoured slogan was the 'Any chance of a pissed up row'
But we had to add the Bay City Rollers element to it,hence the Tartan Terriers bit :smt005 So down the lane at the side of the pub we go,myself,Ray and TBC in the pissin rain we
proceed to carry out our duty!After that it was back into the boozer for a few more beers then off to the gig walking like John Wayne with a bulge like Ron Jeremy :lol:

And in we go,Ray straight to the merchandise and me to the bar.We make our way to our seats to the strains of Waltz and I duly drape the banner over the balcony.Job done.
Gig flies by and during the encore 3 people took photos of it hanging over and it's then I decide to take it to the middle and with the help of a couple of people we hold it up for
all to see then drape it over the middle.During 'Heroes' I go back remove the banner and throw it into the crowd. :P As the gig finishes Ray and I head downstairs to the stalls to meet up with everyone and low and behold Ray finds the banner.This in turn leads to the pix of me and Gizz holding it aloft.

Back to the Duke we go and stay 'til closing.We then make our way back to the hotel slightly pished and after a nice joint I'm ready for slumberland as Ray snores for Scotland. :smt005

Saturday the 20th of March 2010 09.40hrs.....

Awake not feeling too bad and just lie in ma piss for an hour or so before I shower and check out.Plenty of time....famous last words....
So into the shower I go and flood the bathroom floor :shock: Checking out I complain about the room and the fact that having a couple of inches of water is a health and safety issue.They refund my money for the room and away we go.Check out time 11.30.Another bite to eat and a gander about for a pair of jeans.I end up with a pair and two pairs of
shoes after much fucking about and then its back to the Swan for a drink or two.PLENTY of time..so we take our time...only to find that the tube to Heathrow was down and a
bus was in its place :shock: Have we got enough time??????And so to Paddington for the express. £23 for a 15 min journey and time's running out fast..really fast!
We make Heathrow with what I thought was time to spare and straight to the desk we go.Turns out we're FIVE MINUTES late checking in and the flight doesn't leave for another
FORTY MINUTES! :shock: We try to reason with the staff at the desk but she wasn't having it.I couldn't understand it.I was raging :smt013 I've came to the conclusion that they sold
our seats at a premium and couldn't let us through.Fuckin BMI..and you thought EMI were bad!....And this was only the start.I was on a course in Perth and I needed to get back to
Glasgow that night so back to Paddington we went fucked about buying tickets for the tube and on to Euston to see how much we were going to be fleeced for a train home only
to find out that the last train left Kings X at 6 and that nothing was going our way on any route at all :shock: NO trains going over the border at all on a Saturday night?And it wasn't
even 7 o'clock yet.By this time I was :smt013 ...and there was only one last hope.... the dreaded 8 1/2 hour bus journey on a manky smelly fucker!Oh the joys :|

So off we went,retracing our steps buying more tube tickets to get to Victoria...and when we arrived there the ticket office was heaving.Luckily there was a bus at 10 and we booked it . :smt010 8& a 1/2 hrs..aw shite...Anyway we endured the harrowing experience and eventually arrived home around 7.30am :smt012
Anything that could've went wrong did...but looking back it was hilarous,taxing and exhausting!But at the time.?.... :lol: All that,a banner for the balcony,seeing everyone,the gig, it was all worth it. 8) Wouldn't do it again......Touching cloth?? I nearly followed through...
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Red Eye Ray
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Red Eye Ray »

Looks like it was "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" old bean!! (It made the DVD). Still, your face coming oota Euston Station in the pishin' rain was a site to behold!! :smt005 Priceless mate! At least we made it up the road fur yer course which ye passed mucker! Nice one.So here's tae the next trip tae the big smoke, hopefully i'll huv a joab when it comes around :(
AT THE END OF THE DAY.........ITS NIGHT!!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one J - interesting little insight into your life there as well. :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Red Eye Ray wrote:Looks like it was "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" old bean!! (It made the DVD). Still, your face coming oota Euston Station in the pishin' rain was a site to behold!! :smt005 Priceless mate! At least we made it up the road fur yer course which ye passed mucker! Nice one.So here's tae the next trip tae the big smoke, hopefully i'll huv a joab when it comes around :(
:grin:
I know.Who'd of thought? All that coming about from a pissed up conversation in Newcastle...which of course was 'voted' the best 'social' of the tour :!:
Closely followed by 'Ammersmiff of course. :P
Pdvd_001.jpg
Pdvd_001.jpg (52.02 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Just read that again- fantastic stuff Jase, had me
pissing myself a few times there :lol:

"then off to the gig walking like John Wayne with a bulge like Ron Jeremy"

:lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'