Brief encounter

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Brief encounter

Post by gizzard »

Blackbeered wrote:You bloody fool. The Canadian contingency were at the other end of the table in the beer garden before the gig..........about 5 feet away from you :!: :shock: :roll: :smt009 :lol:
:lol: :lol:

See that's what happens when you get into a deep conversation with young pige, you lose track of everything going on around you.

:smt005
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Great to meet Simon and his family yesterday in the Duke of Cornwall. What a smashing bunch they are and I hope they enjoyed the whole occasion.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Met Simon, Sindy & the already legendary"JJ" in his own lifetime.
A privelidge
Last edited by Manc In Black on 21 Mar 2010, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:
I have no idea what Simon looked like, but thought he would be easy enough to spot, though my knowledge of Canada and its citizens I have to admit, are based largely if not wholly on my reading of “Biggles Flies North” some time ago, an exciting missive I am disappointed to discover that is not entirely accurate in its portrayal of said country. Suffice to say for some reason I imagined some chap with a rugged looking check shirt and some sort of practical headwear.

Here's a pic of Simon & Cindy from the beer garden earlier Mr Luny. Might jog your memory................ :idea:

That sir, is precisely the image I had in mind.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
stranglersfan
Rats Rally

Post by stranglersfan »

OMG!!!!!!!!
I heard something about this in London at the Duke, but never thought I would laugh and cry at the same time whilst reading it!!
( The pictures are not quite accurate though, but bloody funny!!).
Back home a couple of hours ago and just starting to try and catch up with the end of the tour on this fine site!
Words alone cannot express the friendliness we encoutered from the true fans of the best band in the world!! This is a fine example of someone ( Mr ravenlunatic) taking the time to mention our brief Encounter (ooeer.......)
I have always enjoyed his wordliness on this site and finally meeting him and his lovely wife and daughter at the train station by pure accident, proved in my own tiny little mind what an educated and great gentleman he truly is!!
If Simon and his family ever wish to visit Canada, they are truly welcome in our home!
I will add my own stories on our short tour and our 6 fab days in London in a separate review to follow shortly.
If there are any spelling errors, sorry, pidge taught me how to type!!! ( LOL)
Again, thanks so much, it was a pleasure meeting you, I hope we can stay in touch??

Simon, Cindy and JJ
xoxox
:smt006
Founder of Stranglers Info Service Canada

"Everybody Loves You When You're dead"