miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Re: London Apollo.19/3/10

Post by miserablewoman »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:Toiler- where are you staying ? :smt001
About 125 miles out in the Middle of The North Sea :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
But bet you JJ's "can you feel it" bass can be felt out there though when he starts NMH on Friday!! 8)

:lol: :lol:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

C r a s s ! wrote:With Friday on my mind, the prospect of the Apollo gig is getting quite exciting isn't it? There's always an extra buzz when there's a gig in the capital - plus the fact it's being recorded - not that the cameras will get to any of us up on the top deck, thankfully!

And it's quite a cool thing to know you've ordered the live DVD out of it, and that your name will appear in the pack.

Moving on - and thinking back to previous big gigs - I know not the area known to some as Ammersmiff. I recall a certain Mr Cooklin laying out the choice of restarants in the zone but I seem to have missed any real definate musings from the usual suspects on the subject of the post-gig feast?

Or am I just blind/not worthy of inclusion? Or was it deemed a Friday night in London no-no?

:grin:
Good Morning Crassy.

I have not planned a post gig feast on this occasion. I have thought about it a lot but there are too many attending the gig and I cannot think of one big enough and suitable eaterie that would be able to host us all.

We would have needed at least something similar in size to the Five Rivers in Leamington to accomodate numbers.

There is a huge and very good Polish restaurant down the road from the Apollo but I don't see us doing hot beetroot soup followed by sausage and cabbage after a Stanglers gig. 8)

See you tomorrow. :smt004
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

The service on London's tube network looks to be very good tomorrow.

Heavy rain was forecast for tomorrow afternoon and evening but this has been amended to sun and white cloud with a temperature of approximately 13 degrees centigrade. Fine for tshirts then. 8)

Owen - shorts tomorrow or long trousers ? :grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

PaulinLondon wrote:The service on London's tube network looks to be very good tomorrow.

Heavy rain was forecast for tomorrow afternoon and evening but this has been amended to sun and white cloud with a temperature of approximately 13 degrees centigrade. Fine for tshirts then. 8)

Owen - shorts tomorrow or long trousers ? :grin:
Docs or flip-flops :?: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

:lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

It's likely to get very, very hot in there - I think shorts are a good plan. 8)
raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 »

oh shit just had graham knapp call to say do ya want to go to cambridge tonight. talk about last minute .com. train for cambridge. oh and find a ticket.
oh well here goes
raven records on ebay lots of stranglers items for sale.
Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Damian »

Gizz

When I picked my daughter and her friends up after a JLS gig last month, I parked in Chancellors Road which is just down the Fulham Palce Road on the same side as the Duke of Cornwall I thinik is free after 6-630ish.
See you Tomorrow.

PS Before anyone asks I didn't go to the JLS gig but did get a tour backstage afterwards, but that is another story.
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Thanks Pauliepopsicles, quite understandable.
Message understood, over and out!
See you in the Duke of Cornwell...

http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Fuckin bring it on!.. :oops: Catch you all in the Duke :wink: :P
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

PaulinLondon wrote:
C r a s s ! wrote:With Friday on my mind, the prospect of the Apollo gig is getting quite exciting isn't it? There's always an extra buzz when there's a gig in the capital - plus the fact it's being recorded - not that the cameras will get to any of us up on the top deck, thankfully!

And it's quite a cool thing to know you've ordered the live DVD out of it, and that your name will appear in the pack.

Moving on - and thinking back to previous big gigs - I know not the area known to some as Ammersmiff. I recall a certain Mr Cooklin laying out the choice of restarants in the zone but I seem to have missed any real definate musings from the usual suspects on the subject of the post-gig feast?

Or am I just blind/not worthy of inclusion? Or was it deemed a Friday night in London no-no?

Good Morning Crassy.

I have not planned a post gig feast on this occasion. I have thought about it a lot but there are too many attending the gig and I cannot think of one big enough and suitable eaterie that would be able to host us all.

We would have needed at least something similar in size to the Five Rivers in Leamington to accomodate numbers.

There is a huge and very good Polish restaurant down the road from the Apollo but I don't see us doing hot beetroot soup followed by sausage and cabbage after a Stanglers gig. 8)

See you tomorrow. :smt004
It should go along the lines of Newcastle,no set plan just go with the flow...
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

See you all in The Duke.I don't know you but I'll be there.Can't wait now!
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Have a good time everyone ... big smiles for the cameras!! :smt003

... though I will feel like 'miserablecinderella' on here on my own tonight! :cry:

:lol: :lol:
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...