Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: London Apollo.19/3/10

Post by gizzard »

PaulinLondon wrote:

Hi Gizzy, 8)

There is a paid plot parking plot right outside the venue if you get there early enough and which has the capacity for quite a few cars. It was very reliable when I last saw the Pistols there.

If you were exiting the venue, it is directly to your left and is about 60 yards away right under the flyover.

Other than that, I think there is an NCP nearby.

Alternatively, maybe park in surban west London and take the Piccadilly Line to Hammersmith ?

Good luck. 8)

Paul

Thanks Paulie! :mrgreen:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Kathinboots »

Don't forget to powder your bald patches in the bog before the gig - don't want too much shine for the cameras :twisted: :grin: .
Boogie now, Dave!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Kathinboots wrote:Don't forget to powder your bald patches in the bog before the gig - don't want too much shine for the cameras :twisted: :grin: .
Not me! :lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

With Friday on my mind, the prospect of the Apollo gig is getting quite exciting isn't it? There's always an extra buzz when there's a gig in the capital - plus the fact it's being recorded - not that the cameras will get to any of us up on the top deck, thankfully!

And it's quite a cool thing to know you've ordered the live DVD out of it, and that your name will appear in the pack.

Moving on - and thinking back to previous big gigs - I know not the area known to some as Ammersmiff. I recall a certain Mr Cooklin laying out the choice of restarants in the zone but I seem to have missed any real definate musings from the usual suspects on the subject of the post-gig feast?

Or am I just blind/not worthy of inclusion? Or was it deemed a Friday night in London no-no?

:grin:
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

darrell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by darrell »

Do they let you out for a smoke at the Apollo? (more accurately, do they let you back in afterwards?!!)
I've always found it hard, switching off my head and tuning out the noise
raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 »

whats the best pub for hammersmith. are there any cheap hotels in that area.i stayed at earls court last time but want something a bit closer.
hpoe the seats are removed this time :grin:
raven records on ebay lots of stranglers items for sale.
HOFT
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HOFT »

raven1 wrote:whats the best pub for hammersmith. are there any cheap hotels in that area.i stayed at earls court last time but want something a bit closer.
hpoe the seats are removed this time :grin:
earls court?
the Coleherne is right around there.
you'll love it
:wink:

you will be Hanging Around
:twisted:
May the flies of 1000 camels nest in your armpits !

If you want SYMPATHY ?..........
You will find it in the dictionary between ` SHIT & SYPHILIS ' !
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

Less than 48 hrs to go.No studying tonight!Tis duly noted a 4.30 kick off at the Duke.Gives us time to book in and settle...then away we go! Looking forward to seeing you all.Roll on Friday. 8)
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

APOLLO79 wrote:Less than 48 hrs to go.No studying tonight!Tis duly noted a 4.30 kick off at the Duke.Gives us time to book in and settle...then away we go! Looking forward to seeing you all.Roll on Friday. 8)
Very excellent. 8)

Alias, Frank Castle, Toiler, Brother of Toiler - where are you staying ? :smt001
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Frank Castle
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Frank Castle »

PaulinLondon wrote:
APOLLO79 wrote:Less than 48 hrs to go.No studying tonight!Tis duly noted a 4.30 kick off at the Duke.Gives us time to book in and settle...then away we go! Looking forward to seeing you all.Roll on Friday. 8)
Very excellent. 8)

Alias, Frank Castle, Toiler, Brother of Toiler - where are you staying ? :smt001
Not going I'm afraid Paul,we bowed out at Newcastle....... :cry:

The only representives from Glasgow will be Apollo 79 and Lord of the Dance.....sorry Ray and perhaps Ricky.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

PaulinLondon wrote:Toiler- where are you staying ? :smt001
About 125 miles out in the Middle of The North Sea :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
raven1
Rats Rally

Post by raven1 »

thanks hoft.
i hope i am not on the street on friday.
i am going up london early and hope to find a cheap hotel around the area.
anyone who sees a fat tall bald guy with a stranglers convention t. shirt from 2001 thats me. say high vince :grin:
raven records on ebay lots of stranglers items for sale.