Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Re: London Apollo.19/3/10

Post by Bear Cage »

Duke of Cornwall sounds ideal, meant to have a good Jukebox; see you there
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

May I suggest that we convene at the Duke of Cornwall from 4.30pm ?
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

PaulinLondon wrote:May I suggest that we convene at the Duke of Cornwall from 4.30pm ?
You may and it is duly noted :smt006

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

We should be in London about 2:45. Managed to find a hotel half a mile away from the venue, which is handy. :P

Don't drink all that much these days, so won't start too early. Will probably amble over to the Duke of Cornwall for about 6. 8)
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Rodney Blackstaff wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:May I suggest that we convene at the Duke of Cornwall from 4.30pm ?
You may and it is duly noted :smt006

Rodders

Good morning Rodders. 8) :smt006

Just to refresh our memories and for ease of reference, the Duke of Cornwall looks like this :

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

PaulinLondon wrote:

Just to refresh our memories and for ease of reference, the Duke of Cornwall looks like this :

Bollocks, I have it on good authority he looks like this:

Duke of Cornwell: Good Evening
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
stranglersfan
Rats Rally

Post by stranglersfan »

Excellent: we will be there for 4.30pm ish..............
Cindy has some Canadian things for people to hand out!
Founder of Stranglers Info Service Canada

"Everybody Loves You When You're dead"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

The London date looms and I am starting to fill my pants with excitement.

I thought I should remind people that if you are hungry, pre-concert and during the drinking at the Duke of Cornwall, there are a nice range of restaurants, about six or seven, next door to the pub.

They are all quite small (narrow entrance but deep establishments with seating a plenty) where you will find anything from fish and chips, to kebabs, to Indian, to Lebanese, to Mexican and I think, Chinese.

In a nutshell, all our drinking and catering needs are right next door to the entrance to the Apollo. A bit like Leamington Spa but not as posh.

If arriving from Hammersmith Tube, take the brief underpass (follow the signs for the Apollo) and you will arrive at the venue within one and a bit minutes. I suggest that cigarettes, sweets and tissues be purchased from one of the stalls within the Tube station as there are no such establishments, from memory, in the same row as the restaurants and the pub.

The Stranglers at the Apollo. Extraordinary but true. 8)
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

PaulinLondon wrote:The London date looms and I am starting to fill my pants with excitement.

I thought I should remind people that if you are hungry, pre-concert and during the drinking at the Duke of Cornwall, there are a nice range of restaurants, about six or seven, next door to the pub.

They are all quite small (narrow entrance but deep establishments with seating a plenty) where you will find anything from fish and chips, to kebabs, to Indian, to Lebanese, to Mexican and I think, Chinese.

In a nutshell, all our drinking and catering needs are right next door to the entrance to the Apollo. A bit like Leamington Spa but not as posh.

If arriving from Hammersmith Tube, take the brief underpass (follow the signs for the Apollo) and you will arrive at the venue within one and a bit minutes. I suggest that cigarettes, sweets and tissues be purchased from one of the stalls within the Tube station as there are no such establishments, from memory, in the same row as the restaurants and the pub.

Good stuff Paul

will have a stoggie in hand on arrival :smile:

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

PaulinLondon wrote:The London date looms and I am starting to fill my pants with excitement.

:lol:

Secunded. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

:lol:
Rodney Blackstaff wrote:

Good stuff Paul

will have a stoggie in hand on arrival :smile:

Rodders

Bit too much information there Rodders...
Claireinblack
kent
stranglersfan
Rats Rally

Post by stranglersfan »

Cannot wait, we start packing tonight, flying to london on saturday, yay!!!!!!!!!!
REALLY looking forward to meeting you all, you have been most helpful in our planning!
Love to have a curry afterwards if that is the plan.
See you at the Duke.........or in the Sewer..............

Simon, Cindy and Jon.

Hammersmith or bust!!! :smt006
Founder of Stranglers Info Service Canada

"Everybody Loves You When You're dead"