Dublin

Leave messages for other fans here

Moderator: StanInBlack

FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Dublin

Post by FenDale »

Having never been to Dublin, we've decided to make the most of the cheap flights available and booked a long weekend from the Saturday until the Tuesday. I know that a few others have also said they'll be popping over as well as the locals who'll be there: I'm sure that John and Tania and Sid will be there but who else is starting the tour off across the Irish Sea and where does anyone recommend for a bit of a taste of the local culture, arts, music, food, drink etc?
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Mitch K
Rats Rally

Re: Dublin

Post by Mitch K »

FenDale wrote:......... a bit of a taste of the local culture, arts, music, food, drink etc?
Dublin has it all; McDonalds, O'Neills, Wetherspoons, Starbucks, in fact, it's just like Nottingham, Manchester, Leicester, Bristol.............
Robinson Crusoe - worked hard all week and was buggered by Friday
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

.... but more expensive.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
FenDale

Post by FenDale »

Organ Grinder wrote:.... but more expensive.
More expensive than Queensgate? Surely not! :lol:
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Was up town in the Solstice on thursday night, in my experience the hive of evening activity and one of the busiest midweek inner city drinking dens - fucking dead! Waz garn on eh?! :(
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
FenDale

Post by FenDale »

Right, only 2 weekends to go so who's going and where does anyone recommend we meet up?

We're flying out on the Saturday morning and making a bit of a weekend of it - we've got a hotel right in the centre opposite the Post Office where the Easter Rising started,apparently, plenty of sights and places of interest to take in.

I'm sure that Sid's going and would be shocked if John and Tania aren't there but hopefully there'll be a good gathering of the "family" to start the tour off :smt006
Andy Oushudno
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Andy Oushudno »

Arriving in Dublin early on Sunday so no farewell piss-up in Blighty on saturday night :cry:
Heading for Temple Bar ( Thats where all the nightlife is ).
Can't wait, hope to see some regular faces in the bars and clubs
Going on the Guinness, far better over there.
Oscar.
:smt026
Ooh Ooh Baby slap my thigh.............
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

i be in dublin as i live here.
so if your coming to dublin bring penty of cash wait until you buy a drink your heart might not be able to take the price.
Your all probley end up in temple bar theres a pub just across the road from the ambador were the stranglers are paying called the parnell monney,take my advice on this stay out of it unless you like your pubs dead rough and full of junkies.
Madigans on oconel street be a good place to have a drink before the gig but who ever goes to dublin enjoy yourselfs and see you uo the front..
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Has the venue been changed for Dublin? Ticketmaster now has The Stranglers down for The Academy as opposed to The Ambassador.

Having said, that tickets were no longer available via Ticketmaster last night and The Stranglers didn't appear on listings for either venue.

Confused? You will be :|
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

mickinblack wrote:i be in dublin as i live here.
Your all probley end up in temple bar theres a pub just across the road from the ambador were the stranglers are paying called the parnell monney,take my advice on this stay out of it unless you like your pubs dead rough and full of junkies.
Madigans on oconel street be a good place to have a drink before the gig but who ever goes to dublin enjoy yourselfs and see you uo the front..
My mate was giving me the same advice about the pubs near the Ambassador, mick. Then he added that I ought not to mention being a Linfield fan either! :lol:
rotten thoughts
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

FenDale wrote:I'm sure that Sid's going
I am indeedy Dale!! ...Shall we meet up in a ...er, bar?
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
FenDale

Post by FenDale »

Sounds like a damn fine idea. Indeed, why break the habit of a lunchtime! :lol: