INSPIRAL CARPETS 2008 TOUR

Post by ThruBeingCool »

YIPPEE!

One of the best bands ever imho
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Saw them in Berlin, supporting The Levellers in the early 90's. To be honest I only went because of............

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4SNfcd72s

One of my top 50 toons. If you can forget the verses and the chorus and just listen to the sublime intro and breaks, they are feckin brilliant.

Maybe a tad harsh. Oldham rocks after all! :wink:
AdyP
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by AdyP »

Met them on a flight back in the early nineties and chatted for ages to the keyboard and bass players - top blokes. I kept mentioning the Strangs and they kept insisting they sounded like them - even gave me a cd to convince me!!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Levellers are touring early next year as well. If 2007 was a bit of a late 70's nostalgia trip for me then 2008 will be the nineties re-visited!

Can't wait 8)
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

AdyP wrote:Met them on a flight back in the early nineties and chatted for ages to the keyboard and bass players - top blokes. I kept mentioning the Strangs and they kept insisting they sounded like them - even gave me a cd to convince me!!
Blagged my way backstage to an early 'Carpets' gig in Nottingham and got talking to Tom Hingley about The Stranglers connection. Said he was a fan of 'Black & White' and that was about it. Also invited me & me mate (who were posing as 'Keraang' journos) to help ourselves to the buffet but NOT the beer!
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Great band TBC-Revenge of the Goldfish is a classic album!
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Fatbusjim
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Fatbusjim »

Local lads done good. :lol: :lol:

Saw them at The Academy back in March and will be there again come next March.

Are you coming up for that one Baz :?:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Just the Nottingham gig for me mate.

They're playing 'The Rescue Rooms' which is a pretty small venue for them. Reckon it will sell out easily.

Last time I saw them was at Rock City 2003. However, I followed them from their very early days right through until they hit 'the big time'.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

mantheylovetohate wrote:Great band TBC-Revenge of the Goldfish is a classic album!
Yeah, probably their finest effort imho. However you could make up an even better one from some of their songs that never made albums. Quality!
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

The one thing that lowers Noel Gallagher in my estimation is the fact he slags off the Inspirals. If he hated them so much why did he stick it out as a roadie for so long? Wouldn't have been the glory and kudos of working in the rock n roll scene perchance, eh Noel?! :roll:

I liked Devil Hopping and thought they had a cool organ sound at the time (Farfisa I believe) but it sounds a little dated in places to my ears nowadays (soz Bazza!). But good band and might even venture to Roadmender for a butchaz..

Is Clint Boon still writing and doing the keys - any new stuff due out? Got an interview with them in an old Strangled somewhere where the organ comparrisons with the MiB (and the Doors) are discussed.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

ThruBeingCool wrote: However, I followed them from their very early days right through until they hit 'the big time'.
Same here mate-first I heard of them was Peter Hook saying they were the 'new Stranglers' & started going to see them mid 89 at Dingwalls, Birmingham Burberries etc. Great band & lovely blokes when I interviewed them for Strangled-especially Clint & the guitarist. Strangely, they're all from Oldham or wherever except Tom who's from my hometown of Abingdon & was taught maths at school by my mum..... :lol:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

I remember a feature in Strangled where they where lorded as the new Stranglers, or at least having had some influence from The Stranglers, or maybe it was that they sounded a bit like the Stranglers, or something.
In fact I barely remember the feature at all to be honest. :?
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.