Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

BUZZCOCKS FRIDAY BRISTOL ACADEMY

Post by gizzard »

Anyone else going?

I'll put up a full report Saturday! :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

I look forward to your report - I'm seeing them in Pontypridd on Saturday night, so I hope they are on their usual top form.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

They are playing Belfast on 23rd March - but I'm not sure if I will go. We saw them at the Mathew Street Festival last summer before the Stranglers. Although it was a great set and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them again (last time was '78 in Belfast !!) they don't excite me much any more.

Having said that - I'm not ruling it out.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
reddrive
SHAKESPEARO

Post by reddrive »

Got my ticket for Friday. I have not seen them for years , so really looking forward to this .

Got ticket for the Fingers on the 22nd as well . Always a great gig with them.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Finally got the single yesterday, and looking forward to Cambridge on the 12th. :grin:
I'm travelling internet-free for the next week, so I won't see Gizz's forthcoming review for a while. Hope you and reddrive have a great night on Friday, and Mad Hatter has a good 'un on Saturday. 8)
Mully - It's worth making the effort to see these guys. You don't get much in the way of chat like you do with SLF and The Damned, but you do get a back-to-back bombardment of great songs, and the new stuff stands up just as well as the old favourites.
What else would you rather be doing on a Thursday night in March ??? :grin:
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I look forward to your report - I'm seeing them in Pontypridd on Saturday night, so I hope they are on their usual top form.
I'm going to the Ponty gig as well :grin: :grin:
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Got to the Academy just as the first support band were finishing, good job as they were shite however the next band The Adored were very good. If you're going to a gig get there early and check this lot out! :grin:
I've been playing Buzzcocks constantly over the last couple of weeks and was really looking forward to this as I've never seen them on their own only with other bands :shock: .
They did'nt disappoint as I thought they were ferkin superb! They started with two tracks from the new album Flat Pack Philosophy and the single Wish I never Loved You and then as Freddie laker beautifully put it they bombarded us with one hour and 20 mins of pure class and fabulous songs.
Lots of the back catologue was played including Harmony In My Head, Fiction Romance,Orgasm Addict, Autonomy and my personal favourite What Do I Get they closed the set with a stonking Boredom.
I've never known a gig go so fast.
Pete Shelleys vocal s were spot on and Steve Diggle is one cool dude and great guitarist also. He was always smiling or nodding at the audience who were very appreciative of the band. The mosh pit was one of the most hectic and busiest I've seen in many years.
Overall a fantastic gig by a fantastic band! Just wish I was seeing them again on this tour :cry: .
Only down side of the evening was the crash I had in the car on the way to Bristol but not much damage and was soon forgot during the gig.
If you are ot thinking of going to see them have a ferking great time in the prescence of a truly great band! :grin: and buy the album it's one of their best.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Cheers for the review Gizz!

I'm sort of 50/50 about going to see them in Nottingham in a couple of weeks (gig budget a bit stretched due to this event in Glasgow!)...

Sounds like I oughta make the effort all the same, even though I can't seem to talk anyone else into accompanying me at the mo.

What's the new material like then? Is the album out yet?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Cheers for the review Gizz!

I'm sort of 50/50 about going to see them in Nottingham in a couple of weeks (gig budget a bit stretched due to this event in Glasgow!)...

Sounds like I oughta make the effort all the same, even though I can't seem to talk anyone else into accompanying me at the mo.

Hi Bazza,

It's out Monday although I've had a copy for about a month :wink:
It's very good and gets better with every listen.
You gotta go and see them fella.
I go to a lot of gigs on my own :( but that would never stop me from seeing bands :grin:
HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Cheers for the review Gizz!

You can check out their new video clip and hear two of their songs on their myspace www.myspace.com/buzzcocksofficial.

Free music off the net. It's the way of the future.

Do you like that song of theirs, 'Up for the crack', bazza?
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

and i ALWAYS go to gigs by myself, cos i know i will meet nice ppl there.
oh, and i only have pretend friends, so i lie to pretend that they can't make it to the shows, so i have an excuse to meet other people.
i love youse all.