GIGS,GIGS AND MORE GIGS!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: GIGS,GIGS AND MORE GIGS!

Post by elleninblack »

The MiB at Rock City & Sheffield. Sleaford Mods & Evil Blizzard (love these guys) at Derby. That's it for me so far
Hagakure with perfume...
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

elleninblack wrote:The MiB at Rock City & Sheffield. Sleaford Mods & Evil Blizzard (love these guys) at Derby. That's it for me so far

i saw Sleaford mods supporting the Specials last year, not at all sure what to make of them.
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Alexinblack wrote:
elleninblack wrote:The MiB at Rock City & Sheffield. Sleaford Mods & Evil Blizzard (love these guys) at Derby. That's it for me so far

i saw Sleaford mods supporting the Specials last year, not at all sure what to make of them.
Tbh Alex I'm mainly going for Evil Blizzard, even though they're not headlining it :) 4 bassists & a singing drummer, they're mad!!
Hagakure with perfume...
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

elleninblack wrote:
Alexinblack wrote:

Tbh Alex I'm mainly going for Evil Blizzard, even though they're not headlining it :) 4 bassists & a singing drummer, they're mad!!

Heard of Evil Blizzard, never really heard much of their stuff.
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Saw the mighty slipknot last Friday . One of the best gigs if ever been too . Apart from the stranglers of course I mean that goes without saying doesn't it but they were awesome

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Apart from the obvious, looking forward to these:

"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Alexinblack wrote:
elleninblack wrote:
Alexinblack wrote:

Heard of Evil Blizzard, never really heard much of their stuff.
They've only got one album out so far, they're recording now. They're manic, sound a tad prog at times, like they've listened to too much Hawkwind whilst taking stuff they shouldn't lol
Hagakure with perfume...
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

jaydee1964 wrote:Saw the mighty slipknot last Friday . One of the best gigs if ever been too . Apart from the stranglers of course I mean that goes without saying doesn't it but they were awesome
a couple of friends got to see them, they came back raving about it :)
Hagakure with perfume...
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Been into the knot for a long long time now . Superb live .
All I can say is don't judge a book by its cover . Yes some of Thier songs are screaming and shouting but the majority are catchy as fuck . Listen to songs like Sulfur , Psychosocial , duality and the blister exists to name but a few

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

They are pretty good, I've never seen them live though
Hagakure with perfume...
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Went to see The Mary Chain at Edinburgh Corn exchange a week ago last Thursday. All I can is WOW.
I've been a long time fan of the brothers Reid but never seen them live & was well aware of their chequered history when it came to live shows. However, there were no strops on display at this gig. They raced through a short greatest hits set including ear splittingly good versions of Reverence & Upside Down before they ran through Psychocandy in its entirety and did full justice to it.
As this was the 1st time I've seen them live I've nothing to judge against but the general consensus from those there was that this was The JAMC at their best. It was fantastic to hear one of my favourite albums live and loud.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Some band called The Stranglers, then Brix in Leeds, 2 British Sea Power gigs back-to-back one of them at The Roundhouse

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"