Damned tonight at Stourbridge

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

swizzler
Rats Rally

Damned tonight at Stourbridge

Post by swizzler »

Anyone off to see Ray Burns and his merry men tonight I think they may be playing some new material aswell let you know later.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Damned tonight at Stourbridge

Post by gizzard »

swizzler wrote:Anyone off to see Ray Burns and his merry men tonight I think they may be playing some new material aswell let you know later.
Enjoy fella!

I want a full report later.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
swizzler
Rats Rally

Post by swizzler »

Well Gizz me old mucker you missed the normal mad Damned gig you ever wish for. They arrived on stage at 22.30 ish and finnished just past midnight, the sound was pretty wank at the start , just like any Stranglers gig of late they played there normal set I think they played one newbie.
Highlights for me though was some bloke played guitar on New Rose while good old Captain decided to eat a Pizza from the stage after wacked the stand in guitarist over the head with the empty pizza box.Also during Smash it up someone from the crowd played this while Pinch went into the audience all in all pretty normal stuff really for a Damned gig cheers Steve.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Fantastic stuff - took a Russian friend of mine to see them in Cambridge last year, and he was completely blown away by the experience and hasn't stopped talking about it yet. Captain was on great form, dressed as a schoolgirl complete with blonde wig for the second encore, to the crowd taunts of "One Myra Hindley, there's only one Myra Hindley". :grin:
Is Patricia playing live again with them yet?
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

waiting for me MGE 25th Anniv DVD to come out and be delivered
just hanging around
swizzler
Rats Rally

Post by swizzler »

Im afraid Pat must still be doing nappy changing duties Stu is still playing bass.
Im not sure what has happened to the dvd. there was rumours that a tour of the uk in december after the captain has done his bit with the dead Men Walking tour.