Eva Cassidy

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Eva Cassidy

Post by Alan A Hillier »

The warm wind is still blowing gently through my back door tonight and although the clouds are gathering way up there on high in the sky and it looks like we might have some electric storms before the night is out everything is relatively quiet and nice right now.

The kids are fast asleep, So I'm having a few cold ones.

Earlier I could hear various snippets of the lives of my neighbous (that's in between the sound of gunshots)

Earlier....Someone, somewhere was playing 'Songbird' by Eva Cassidy....It just kind of drifted accross the gardens......and I thought.."Fuck"......I love that song..So I stuck my head out and listened to this beautiful woman singing.

When I first heard Eva Cassidy some years back (before she died) I was fucking 'wasted' by her version of 'Over the rainbow' and then 'Fields of gold'....if anyone can sing that song any better...well.....you tell me who

When she recorded 'Fields of Gold' (Particularly The live version) she had just been diagnosed as having cancer....which ultimately killed her at 32 years of age......what the fucks all that about............It really makes me wanna smash something up.

Listen

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND