WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

https://youtu.be/kSIMVnPA994
Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene pt 4
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

MiB81 wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 09:52
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 18:32
MiB81 wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 16:51 Image
Kin hell, nearly as bad as The Stranglers Collection LP cover. At least she was quite fit on the Collection cover and not covered in Sausages and other various meats though.
As with most things you say mate, I totally disagree, I always found the All Wrapped Up burd very fanciable.
Not so much the meat based haute couture, mind.
Would you eat her Sausages?
I’ve heard you love a big Sausage.

Btw mate this is a joke so don’t be wasting time calling the police and telling them it’s a hate crime against Sausages.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I'm currently listening to old tapes that I found in the loft. Stuff I've recorded either from LPs / CDs to go in the car, or stuff I've recorded off the radio. At the moment, it's "Solitude" by Black Sabbath, a track I recall hearing on the Annie Nightingale show years ago, and her commenting on how similar the melody is to "Golden Brown". At the time I thought she'd said it was a Doors track, but could never find out which one. Now I know why.

And, though it's very much off-topic, the very next track is "Golden Brown". I normally skip past this when it comes on the car but it's too much of a pain to do on a cassette. ETA - now it's got to the end and I didn't quite stop someone talking, it seems I recorded the pair from the radio.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

droopsnoot wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:16 "Solitude" by Black Sabbath, a track I recall hearing on the Annie Nightingale show years ago, and her commenting on how similar the melody is to "Golden Brown". At the time I thought she'd said it was a Doors track, but could never find out which one. Now I know why.
Sabbath had a lot of beautiful ballady moments like that, the psychedelic "Planet Caravan" and the dour "Changes" are a couple more in the "ballady Sabbath" mode. Sabbath and Zeppelin were secretly quite good at ballads!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
droopsnoot wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 11:16 "Solitude" by Black Sabbath, a track I recall hearing on the Annie Nightingale show years ago, and her commenting on how similar the melody is to "Golden Brown". At the time I thought she'd said it was a Doors track, but could never find out which one. Now I know why.
Sabbath had a lot of beautiful ballady moments like that, the psychedelic "Planet Caravan" and the dour "Changes" are a couple more in the "ballady Sabbath" mode. Sabbath and Zeppelin were secretly quite good at ballads!
What NWOBHM Bands do you like...or do you suffer Lyrical Dyslexia with their lack of Grammar?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:28What NWOBHM Bands do you like...or do you suffer Lyrical Dyslexia with their lack of Grammar?
Weirdly, I could never really get into the NWOBHM crop. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden had their moments, but I'd be lying if I said they did much for me outside of a few tracks apiece. I know a couple of folks that are seriously into the genre and could reel off literally hundreds of smaller bands and obscurities. For me, hard rock was at its finest from 1969 to (at a push) 1976, although I like the first couple of Ozzy solo albums.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:28What NWOBHM Bands do you like...or do you suffer Lyrical Dyslexia with their lack of Grammar?
Weirdly, I could never really get into the NWOBHM crop. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden had their moments, but I'd be lying if I said they did much for me outside of a few tracks apiece. I know a couple of folks that are seriously into the genre and could reel off literally hundreds of smaller bands and obscurities. For me, hard rock was at its finest from 1969 to (at a push) 1976, although I like the first couple of Ozzy solo albums.
Ok Stan fair enough mate. I have always admired Iron Maiden but never actually seen them live but a friend is a massive Fan. We were supposed to go to Prague in July 2020 to see them. This was then moved to this Year and now to next June!!

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 19:55
StanInBlack wrote:
Ok Stan fair enough mate. I have always admired Iron Maiden but never actually seen them live but a friend is a massive Fan. We were supposed to go to Prague in July 2020 to see them. This was then moved to this Year and now to next June!!

Seen Maiden many times and twice Headlining at Castle Donnington Monsters Of Rock, they always put on amazing shows.

Black Sabbath are after The Stranglers my 2nd fave band.
Fell in love with The Stranglers and the rest of the popular punk bands then in 1978 got into rock music and Sabbath.
Yeah I’m also a fan of NWOBHM too, some great music. I really love Saxon a lot.
Motörhead of course were around before NWOBHM but are a big fave too and all all those are guys sadly missed.
I also loved Gillan another band who were around earlier and formed by Gillan who was in Deep Purple. I was also a fan of Gillan’s guitar player Bernie Tormé and who funnily enough was replaced by Janick Gers who then went onto huge success with Iron Maiden.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

All this recent convo about Sabbath has got me digging out this masterpiece... 8)