WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 19:55
StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:28What NWOBHM Bands do you like...or do you suffer Lyrical Dyslexia with their lack of Grammar?
Weirdly, I could never really get into the NWOBHM crop. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden had their moments, but I'd be lying if I said they did much for me outside of a few tracks apiece. I know a couple of folks that are seriously into the genre and could reel off literally hundreds of smaller bands and obscurities. For me, hard rock was at its finest from 1969 to (at a push) 1976, although I like the first couple of Ozzy solo albums.
Ok Stan fair enough mate. I have always admired Iron Maiden but never actually seen them live but a friend is a massive Fan. We were supposed to go to Prague in July 2020 to see them. This was then moved to this Year and now to next June!!
I've noticed over the years there's a lot of crossover between punk fans and NWOBHM fans, and I know a lot of people that love both. One guy I know, his two absolute favourite bands are Iron Maiden and The Damned. I find Maiden fans are just as intense in their devotion as Stranglers fans are, too - I know of at least one guy who has an insane amount of Maiden collectables... even stuff from during the Blaze Bayley years!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 19:55
StanInBlack wrote:
Weirdly, I could never really get into the NWOBHM crop. I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden had their moments, but I'd be lying if I said they did much for me outside of a few tracks apiece. I know a couple of folks that are seriously into the genre and could reel off literally hundreds of smaller bands and obscurities. For me, hard rock was at its finest from 1969 to (at a push) 1976, although I like the first couple of Ozzy solo albums.
Ok Stan fair enough mate. I have always admired Iron Maiden but never actually seen them live but a friend is a massive Fan. We were supposed to go to Prague in July 2020 to see them. This was then moved to this Year and now to next June!!
I've noticed over the years there's a lot of crossover between punk fans and NWOBHM fans, and I know a lot of people that love both. One guy I know, his two absolute favourite bands are Iron Maiden and The Damned. I find Maiden fans are just as intense in their devotion as Stranglers fans are, too - I know of at least one guy who has an insane amount of Maiden collectables... even stuff from during the Blaze Bayley years!
Interesting Fact....Bruce Dickinson was at the Launch Party for About Time which was held on a Boat on the Thames. I am sure there was a Picture of him in Strangled with JJ or Paul?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 18:00 Interesting Fact....Bruce Dickinson was at the Launch Party for About Time which was held on a Boat on the Thames. I am sure there was a Picture of him in Strangled with JJ or Paul?
I wondered if he knew JJ at some point, and that's why JJ got to take over his radio show for a few weeks. I wondered what other reason there would be for picking him, as he has no other experience (that I know of) at hosting radio shows, and as it was a heavy rock show IIRC not much in common with the music, either.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

He's a multi talented bastard, is Bruce Dickinson. Not only a formidable singer and radio host, but I remember at one point when they were touring that he was piloting the plane!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

StanInBlack wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 20:27 Image

All this recent convo about Sabbath has got me digging out this masterpiece... 8)
Cornucopia and Under The Sun are my fave Iommi riffs on this brilliant album.
I’ll show you how to play em if you like Stanley.
:lol:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Meh, lots of Sabbath's stuff isn't particularly difficult to play, although plenty of their songs are interestingly structured. "Symptom of the Universe" from Sabotage is another favourite - heavy as fuck, and Ozzy sounds proper pissed off on it.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

I’m a bit hit and miss with Sabbath but I love Sabotage.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Boody wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 22:29 I’m a bit hit and miss with Sabbath but I love Sabotage.
It's a great record! I've heard many slag it off over the years, which I've never understood... "Hole in the Sky", "Symptom of the Universe", "Megalomania", "The Writ" ... all amazing tracks, IMO. Love the combination of riffage and choir on "Supertzar" as well. The sleeve coulda been better, mind! :lol:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

StanInBlack wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 20:49 Meh, lots of Sabbath's stuff isn't particularly difficult to play, although plenty of their songs are interestingly structured. "Symptom of the Universe" from Sabotage is another favourite - heavy as fuck, and Ozzy sounds proper pissed off on it.
That was a joke Stanley.
The Riffmeister Iommi’s Riffs are super easy to play that’s why they are the best IMHO.
Anyway my fave Sabbath riff to play is INTO THE VOID.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

https://youtu.be/aqLhCei_Nxw

Killing Joke America