WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 22:34
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 19:18 Cockney Rejects.
I remember seeing em many many years ago on TOTP when I was about 13/14, I don’t think they were much older, 16/17?
Anyway just got into them after all these years and started buying their albums, they do support West Ham though, but I won’t hold that against them.
Would also like to get me hands on Jeff ‘Stinky Turner’ Geggus’s autobiography - but it looks like it’s outta print, there’s copies on Amazon but it’s going for silly money, like £100+.
:?

COCKNEY REJECTS - 100 CLUB 2016.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVcLHnDWAg

8)
Get the ‘East End Babylon’ dvd mate. A most entertaining about the history of The Rejects.
Aye cheers will deffo be buying that ASAP.
:smt023
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I remember seeing em many many years ago on TOTP when I was about 13/14, I don’t think they were much older, 16/17?
Anyway just got into them after all these years and started buying their albums, they do support West Ham though, but I won’t hold that against them.
Would also like to get me hands on Jeff ‘Stinky Turner’ Geggus’s autobiography - but it looks like it’s outta print, there’s copies on Amazon but it’s going for silly money, like £100+.

8)
Get the ‘East End Babylon’ dvd mate. A most entertaining about the history of The Rejects.
I think I will look into that one myself . Thanks TBC ..... there was a time , around 1980 - The Rejects ALMOST became my favourite band along with The Stranglers , I rated them that well at the time . Good recent-ish song by them " Your country needs you " . You wouldn't want to argue or get on the wrong side of the brothers either , think both of them were decent boxers.
All quiet ..........
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Jon the Impaler wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 08:31

8)
I think I will look into that one myself . Thanks TBC ..... there was a time , around 1980 - The Rejects ALMOST became my favourite band along with The Stranglers , I rated them that well at the time . Good recent-ish song by them " Your country needs you " . You wouldn't want to argue or get on the wrong side of the brothers either , think both of them were decent boxers.
I recently watched a video of a Rejects gig on youtube and there’s some twunt giving the Nazi Salute and Mr Jeff Geggus doesn’t seem too happy about it, he offers to “Punch the Cunt out of” the next idiot who does it.
Yeah wouldn’t want to mess with him and his bro what with them being boxers and that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvN3FdZoDDA
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

8)
TBC, any idea why Jeff seems to go under two names? and why Stinky? Is it the obvious answer and that he just er... stinks?
And on one concert clip Stinky sez while his bro is doing the intro to a song he’s off to snort some ‘gear’. Does he mean that? Or was he joking? I was impressed with his energy all the way through the gigs but would be disappointed if it was Amphetamine fuelled.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

‘Stinky’ actually became Jefferson Turner for a while after they all went heavy metal on their 4th studio album! They had a complete image change as well as a new musical direction. All rather embarrassing really and I’m sure they lost the bulk of their original fan base.
I guess dropping the name ‘Stinky’ was an attempt to be taken more seriously......not sure if Jefferson was the right choice to achieve credibility though.

The Rejects (as they eventually became) completely lost the plot and I lost interest after the first 3 studio albums. Fortunately they have gone back to their roots in recent years and I’ve gained back some respect for them. The DVD/film did a lot to renew my interest, it’s one of the best rockumentaries I’ve seen.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Thanks TBC, i heard about the heavy metal tag thing before but just couldn’t think where I had read about it, then I remembered today that when I used to buy ‘Kerrang!’ magazine back in the 80’s I’m sure i read about em in there and I’m sure they were all looking rather ridiculous wearing some heavy metal clobber. Why the fook would they wanna do that I don’t know? perhaps they were jumping on that NWOBHM bandwagon thing and perhaps thought that the Punk/Oi thing wouldn’t last? Anyway I’m glad they saw sense and just be themselves, although those 3 quarter length trousers/ long shorts ive seen em sporting look a bit daft, summat a naff Californian punk band might wear, I will forgive em that though as the music and stage presence is fucking great & very exciting.
I hope they tour ASAP and not just do the festivals as I heared em say they were doing on a vid on youtube, I’m sure Leeds would give em a warm welcome.
8)

Jefferson-Turner Overdrive?
You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!
:lol:
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Belgian punk band - The Kids . Sort of Lurkers/Chelsea/Ramones pop punk
Give 'em a listen ....SUPERB .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9assZfihMzc
All quiet ..........
Kernow Malc
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Kernow Malc »

Some of my all time favourites: the Incredible String Band, Donovan and other 'acid' folk', XTC, The Beach Boys; The Kinks, Jam/Style Council/ Weller solo, Jethro Tull Genesis, and many other prog bands, Folk rock, Trad folk, Radiohead, The High Llamas, The Moody Blues, Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Mozart and the Beatles & Stones.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Cock Nee Rejecks
Cock Tow Twinz
Raydeeohhead
Swayd
Mack Ladz
Scott Worka
Goh! Teem
Dayvid Bowi
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Julian Cope on heavy rotation today

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
SmallPaul
Rats Rally

Post by SmallPaul »

Quite a lot of Jello Biafra stuff.

Dead Kennedys goes without saying, but he's also done some great collaborations. There's a really good one with D.O.A., also No Means No, and the Guantanamo School of Medicine. I'm not that familiar with Lard with Al Jourgensen, but looking to rectify that.

Any other Jello Biafra suggestions?

Cheers
Paul
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Scott Walker & David Bowie.