WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Killing Joke-HFTBOH
Morrissey-ROTT
SLF-Guitar And Drum
SLF-Fly The Flags
Goldblade-Rebel Songs
Stranglers Live Milton Keynes 1988
Buzzcocks-FPP
Buzzcocks-2003

:grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

:oops:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Kraftwerk - "The Mixes"
Killing Joke - first album.
Serge "The Urge" Gainsbourg - various.
Bauhaus - "Crackle".
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

lost control wrote:placebo - meds
placebo -live la cigale paris march 06
good stuff.

Meds: cracking album!!!!
just hanging around
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

Crass mentioned The Passions supporting The Cure - they were on The Cure's Fiction Records before going to Polydor - so I dug out "Michael and Miranda", their Fiction records LP, and what a great album that is. "Oh No It's You" still brings a lump to my throat, it has a lot of memories for me that particular song!! What a fabulous, underated band The Passions were, there was so much more to them than "German Filmstar", although that's one of my 3 favourite singles ever!

Other than The Passions, I've had on Penetration, Toyah, X-Ray Spex and a current ska band from Norfolk called The Sweetebeats, while I've been at home today doing jobs around the place. Wife at work, daughter at school, stereo turned up LOUD!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

A bit of a Classical phase at the moment, Holst, Debussy, Eric Satie...oh and The Sex Pistols!
:lol:
wadey1

Post by wadey1 »

ray davies new alobum is ace. stand up comic is one of the best songs he ever written
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

wadey1 wrote:ray davies new alobum is ace. stand up comic is one of the best songs he ever written
Yeah great album innit?
The Kinks are one of my fave bands, I have all their 60's stuff but have yet to buy any of there 70/80's stuff.
'The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society' is one of my all time fave albums.
:-)
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

FenDale wrote: "German Filmstar", although that's one of my 3 favourite singles ever!

What a brilliant, brilliant song. Had totally forgotten about it.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

'Flat Pack Philosophy' - Buzzcocks
The 'Lydon' compilation
'Stanger than Fiction' - Bad Religion'

Nevermind!...

Gotta get into some new Killing Joke before the tour...

Was browsing in me local 'indie' shop a few weeks ago. In the 'KJ' section was a new-ish album entitled 'KILLING JOKE'. :?

Am I right in thinking that the most recent album has the same title as the first 'Killing Joke' album?

:?

Is it any good btw :?:
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:'Flat Pack Philosophy' - Buzzcocks
The 'Lydon' compilation

Nevermind!...

Was browsing in me local 'indie' shop a few weeks ago. In the 'KJ' section was a new-ish album entitled 'KILLING JOKE'. :?

Am I right in thinking that the most recent album has the same title as the first 'Killing Joke' album?

Its came out in 2003 and has David Grohl (Foo Fighters) on drums. My 8 year old calls it 'angry' music. Jaz screams for most of the album, which I don't like. Having said that overall its quite good for listening to down the gym.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

paulinblack wrote:
ThruBeingCool wrote:'Flat Pack Philosophy' - Buzzcocks
The 'Lydon' compilation

Nevermind!...

Its came out in 2003 and has David Grohl (Foo Fighters) on drums. My 8 year old calls it 'angry' music. Jaz screams for most of the album, which I don't like. Having said that overall its quite good for listening to down the gym.

Paul
If you think he screams on that album you wanna hear the new one! Still a great album though. :grin: