WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Yeah, I was gonna say... the most obvious influence on Duran Duran was Quiet Life/Gentlemen Take Polaroids-era Japan, particularly the first couple of albums. Although, I definitely hear a Japan/Sylvian influence on the Arcadia record. Rio has some legitimately amazing stuff on it... "Hold Back the Rain", "Last Chance on the Stairway" etc.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:Yeah, I was gonna say... the most obvious influence on Duran Duran was Quiet Life/Gentlemen Take Polaroids-era Japan, particularly the first couple of albums. Although, I definitely hear a Japan/Sylvian influence on the Arcadia record. Rio has some legitimately amazing stuff on it... "Hold Back the Rain", "Last Chance on the Stairway" etc.
Hold Back The Rain, Last Chance, Lonely in your Nightmare and Rio are superb Songs....All Killer, No Filler on Rio...forgot The Chauffeur!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cells&Plasma on 01 Mar 2021, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
dronecatcher
Rats Rally

Post by dronecatcher »

cv.jpg
cv.jpg (84.45 KiB) Viewed 802 times
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

carnage.jpg
carnage.jpg (7.47 KiB) Viewed 799 times
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 13:12 Hold Back The Rain, Last Chance, Lonely in your Nightmare and Rio are superb Songs....All Killer, No Filler on Rio...forgot The Chauffeur!!
Yup, the Rio album is so good that it's amazing how far they fell off creatively afterwards, even if the hits kept on coming. I like a few songs on Seven and the Ragged Tiger, but you can totally hear the fatigue setting in. They should have split up for good after Live Aid, even though there's a couple of things on Notorious I like.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
dronecatcher
Rats Rally

Post by dronecatcher »

jh.jpg
jh.jpg (29.18 KiB) Viewed 786 times
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You can just link to images rather than uploading them BTW
link to image.jpg
link to image.jpg (42.49 KiB) Viewed 785 times
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 14:40 Image
I fucking love this record... I'll admit I raised my eyebrows a little when I heard they were revisiting some of the Document & Eyewitness ideas, but it couldn't have turned out any better IMO. One of their very best records.