The weddoes

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mccardigan »

Went to Leeds Met on Sunday night. I had a monster hangover and a big interview on Monday. The Mekon and I arrived early enough for a pint or two at the Fenton then made our way to the Met. In the Met i met an old mate who I've not seen for a while. We drank a few pints of crap, had a chat then in we went. Support = Scanners ok but a bit too earnest. When Gedge et al came on the place was full of butch exindie types full of beer and joy. Gedge looks really well these days even though after a few bursts of jangly joy he took sips of Lemsip from a teacup. He had a cold "See a doctor? I'm from Yorkshire!" The set was heavy of new tunes from the Take Fountain album which on CD is rather lacklustre but brilliant live. the man is an understated songwriter. We got some classics - Kennedy, My Favourite Dress and Once More and lost gems such as Drive and Queen of Outer Space.

Gedge responded to calls for Brassneck by saying that he had written so many fucking classics that he couldn't play them all. "There's not enough time in the day."

Afterwards the great man was at the T shirt stall having a chat and signing whatever was put in front of him. Great night all round.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.