Pretty cool eh?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

How many of these bands still feature the majority of their original line up?
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:How many of these bands still feature the majority of their original line up?
"Majority"? Well Undertones have only lost Fergal. Buzzcocks are missing their original rythmn section

Jim
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Only Vanian and Sensible from The Damned, but then they always did have a high turn over!
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

God the Subhumans they are ace live, not for the fainthearted though!

Am seeing the undertones somewhere next month!

Slaughter and the Dogs? Never liked them much.

The rest of them i don't know opr don't care for (meteors did go buddy go once as a b side or so me thinks!)
Damned? Bring back Brian James! Nah i still think theyre pretty good!
Buzzcocks? Great!
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Always happy to see teh Stranglers never appear on these "Touring Hasbeens" tours. Great bands granted but lumped together it always strikes me as a nostaglia puke fest.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Barry Spooner
Rats Rally

Post by Barry Spooner »

theraven1979 wrote:Well Undertones have only lost Fergal.
Wot d'ya mean "only" lost Feargal? He was essential to their songs..one of the most distintive vocalists ever!

Sorry, but if u ain't got Feargal then u ain't got The Undertones.

Some people, as we all know , would say the same thing about The Stranglers & Hugh Cornwell...

However, the Stranglers never split up and at least continued to record new material. As much as I still like to see the old 'punk' bands etc (thought the Rezillos were ace last year for example) some of the reformations leave me sceptical to say the least...

Received a text from my bruv earlier today asking if I was interested in going to see The Dead Kennedys (& The Undertones as it happens in March). Can't say that I'm arsed about the DK's either without Jello. Some people just can't be replaced.

:(
"We're Thru Being Cool - Eliminate The Ninnies And The Twits!"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Barry Spooner wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Well Undertones have only lost Fergal.

Wot d'ya mean "only" lost Feargal? He was essential to their songs..one of the most distintive vocalists ever!

Sorry, but if u ain't got Feargal then u ain't got The Undertones.

Some people, as we all know , would say the same thing about The Stranglers & Hugh Cornwell...

However, the Stranglers never split up and at least continued to record new material. As much as I still like to see the old 'punk' bands etc (thought the Rezillos were ace last year for example) some of the reformations leave me sceptical to say the least...

Received a text from my bruv earlier today asking if I was interested in going to see The Dead Kennedys (& The Undertones as it happens in March). Can't say that I'm arsed about the DK's either without Jello. Some people just can't be replaced.

:(
Yeah but he never wrote anything did he? *I`m getting a sense of Deja-Vu here* - Anyway what I really meant is they`ve only lost 1 member as opposed to Buzzcocks with 2

Jim
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Barry Spooner wrote:Sorry, but if u ain't got Feargal then u ain't got The Undertones.

I'm happy to report that the spirit of The Undertones is alive and well. Feargal was a great front man and had an exceptional voice but he really had very little to do with the song writing and arrangements. Having been a fan since BEFORE Teenage Kicks was released (I was living in N. Ireland at the time) I too was sceptical about how good they would be live without him.

Well I saw them in Holland just over a year ago and they were superb, including great NEW material, written by the same guys that always wrote the songs. Paul McLoone, the new singer, fits in very well, and though he doesn't have as distinctive a voice as Feargal he sounds good singing both old and new songs. A good front man too - and he doesn't go over the top! He is now very much part of The Undertones, and if you go and see them live you will not be disappointed.

The new album is excellent also. The Undertones are back doing it for fun (they all have day jobs), so this is not some desperate attempt to earn a few quid, and they have no master plan. They continue to have a refreshingly unique attitude to not giving a shit about fame and all the trappings. For a greater insight I thoroughly recommend the new Undertones DVD which contains a brilliant documentary film about the band, plus extra promo videos.

The Undertones are definitely still The Undertones without Feargal. Check em out for yourself! I'm off to see them in Glasgow and Aberdeen this weekend :D

http://www.theundertones.com
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Don any ideas where I can get the DVD at for a sensible price - i.e not £17

Jim
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

I got it from Play.com for £12.99 post free. Delivered mega quick (arrived on release day).

Avoid splash.com (cheaper) but people have been waiting 10 days and still not received it yet.
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Alex
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Alex »

doninblack wrote:Avoid splash.com (cheaper) but people have been waiting 10 days and still not received it yet.
Good advice.

Mrs Alex ordered summink from splash.com on the 12th Jan and she's still waiting
look I've got a microphone, I can speak about 2000 times louder than any of you idiots, alright!.....However loud you shout........SHUT UP!!...YA BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!!