The Exploited - Who listens to the exploited

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

GRIFF
Ugly
Ugly

Post by GRIFF »

When i used to go and see them it was more about the fun and the madness, not about who was punk and who was not. they had their place , and venturing to one of their gigs in edinburgh ensured a mental £2.50 of fun. Big John used to work at the playhouse as a tech, and ended up being mr cobains guitar tech on their first uk outing(he was playing with the dodgy goodbye mr mckenzie at the time)he ended up doing a show in new york playing second guitar to kurt, then followed a stint on tour before the untimely passing away of mr cobain. oh those antiquary days :boozer: :boozer: :boozer:
Griff
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Re: The Exploited - Who listens to the exploited

Post by sewer rat »

wattie, if you're reading this, i'm a genuine exploited fan in ma 50's but what's wi the 'death metal' voice mate. ye can't make out a fkn word yer shoutin' live eh. you headbutted some cunt in the Tap in Lauriston for saying yeez had went metal aswell and here ye are givin' it 100% Amebix. ah suppose musically, ah still hear punk rock from yeez. also, how about puttin' out some archive bootlegs for us true fans. although ah was into the exploited from the first single, ah never saw yeez live till a gig in La Sorbonne in Canongate around 84/85. ah haven't even heard a decent sounding bootleg from yer tour of 1982. hope you're doing well since yer heart scare and am looking forward to yer next album.
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Loved their stuff when i was in puberty - we even played songs with our band like SPG, Sex n Violence, Alternative (their best), Cop Cars etc.
However, I got bored with them and after the Horror Epics lp I totally stopped following their 'career'.

Am not sure Wattie is on this forum mate 8) :roll: :grin:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

awrite...just saw the name wattie attatched to the first post and assumed it was him...ha ha..eejit
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Re:

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

doninblack wrote:
GRIFF wrote:YOU STILL DRIVING ROUND EDINBURGH IN THAT DODGY CAPRI? LOVED SEEING THE EXPLOITED IN THE 80S. ABERCORN/NITE CLUB/SUPPORTING RAMONES AT THE PLAYHOUSE, DOWN ST STEPHENS STREET WITH BIG JOHN. AH THOSE WERE THE DAYS

The only time I stumbled across Big John in Edinburgh he was ... eating. Stuffing his face with a baked tattie outside that shop at the end of St Stephen Street. Liked his grub, Big John. Didn't he gig with Nirvana, or something?
Goodbye MrMackenzie
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Big John lives in Amsterdam now
Did a guest appearance as guitarist on the last record by Dutch punk band Man Lifting Banner
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

does anyone remember The Blood Uncles....big john was guitarist. saw them in Edinburgh once, pretty lively but i've never heard anything recorded...were they any good on record?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Used to have the "Dead Cities" single.The Exploited and other similar bands reflected Britain at the time,a lot of anger.So whats new.I seem to remember Wattie served in the Army for a time.Hence the line "Army life is Killing me".