John Lydon

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: John Lydon

Post by theraven1979 »

He's had an interesting life that's for sure and he's been involved with some fine music. I can't imagine there's gonna be any more Pistols gigs after recent events so spoken word or PiL is the best you'll get from here on in

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by 8088 »

People saying he's a parody or a cartoon are missing the point - his full time job is being John Lydon...just like Lemmy's full time job was being Lemmy.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

No wonder he's not playing nicely with the other pistols and Danny Boyle - he must be making a fortune from the tour. Its got to be over 50 nights and all he has to pay for a microphone and a chair.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yanders wrote:No wonder he's not playing nicely with the other pistols and Danny Boyle - he must be making a fortune from the tour. Its got to be over 50 nights and all he has to pay for a microphone and a chair.
I kinda agree with his stance though. No one threw bottles at the queen! You shouldn't rewrite history like that.

Jim

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 20:21 He's had an interesting life that's for sure and he's been involved with some fine music. I can't imagine there's gonna be any more Pistols gigs after recent events so spoken word or PiL is the best you'll get from here on in

Jim

You would need a reinforced stage these days to accommodate Lyndon and Jones , both are now huge fat fuckers , couldn't see them being able to last more than 3 songs these days before passing out .....or worse 😐. Put it this way , I know where the pies have gone !
All quiet ..........
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Lydon advertised butter and went on the Celebrity Jungle bollocks. Please see through him. Complete git.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

I get the argument "still being a punk" which I agree. But you can be a punk without being a cunt!

Have you seen the he speaks to some people, especially women?

It's like he has to live up to the image of himself which is the most un-punk thing to do.

He is one of the most important and talented artists of the last 5o years - but I'm getting tired of him.

Maybe he's getting tired of himself?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I thought he made a total arse of himself on a US punk programme with Henry Rollins , a Ramone and a few others , just talked over everyone and may well have been drunk , but just came across as an arrogant arsehole where the others were talking quite sincerely about punk........it was like he thinks the Pistols are the only band that count , the rest being cheap copies even if some were around pre Pistols .He has his own version of history .
All quiet ..........
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

The downfall of this maggot is well overdue

He obviously has many apologists in the media who never mention that he settled out of court when accused of assaulting and sexually harrasing a woman who was only doing her job, a few years ago.
Not the only accusation of violence against him in the last 15 years or so, the other one racially aggravated.
https://www.clashmusic.com/news/john-ly ... sault-case

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... tol-313891

He used to be my hero but now I think I will actually be glad when he kicks the bucket.

He is just another wealthy, ungrateful , obnoxious bitter old cnut and doesn't even have the self awareness to realise that he is just a walking cliche.,
And he vastly overestimates his own importance.

If you've not read Steve Jones book I suggest you do so. Jones cannot bear to be in the same room as him and given his behaviour on the last Pistols tour it's no surprise .

He encouraged people to vote for a creature who tried to end democracy in America (and no doubt everywhere else eventually) and for that alone should be seen as the absolute wanker he now is.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Surely, anyone stood watching Lydon isn't stood thinking "Oh he's such an angel". I'm not saying that excuses him from any of those previous allegations. Far from it. I know in his book he mentioned finding it hard to act emotionally to others so I'm guessing someone diving in to hug is probably gonna freak him out. Like I say none of this defends his actions but I think being glad when he's dead is a little extreme.

Jim
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Yeah, I remember the whole thing with Kele Okereke - at that time I was spinning the hell out of the first Bloc Party album and Kele was obviously a fan of PiL. Just not on, as far as I'm concerned.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

I noticed that he's lost the court case and the music can be used in Danny Boyles tv show. At least it will give him something to discuss on his talking tour.