Anybody see the sex pistols on grundys show?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Anybody see the sex pistols on grundys show?

Post by manticore »

Did anybody on here see the pistols appearance on the bill grundy show,live as it happened and if so,what did you think at the time?
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Anybody see the sex pistols on grundys show?

Post by Jon the Impaler »

No, saw it years later but at time of airing , no . Watch it now and it seems almost tame and contrived . What a rotter ...........who actually says that ? ( I mean in life , not Steve Jones ). It is funny though and sort of made the band while ruining Grundy .
All quiet ..........
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Nope, it was a show only on Thames TV, broadcast in the greater London area, most other
regions had their own teatime show on at this time, innit?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

MiB81 wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 10:22 Nope, it was a show only on Thames TV, broadcast in the greater London area, most other
regions had their own teatime show on at this time, innit?
Then I would never have seen it live , lived in Brum in 76/77 .........was there until 1987 .I think punk probably got to Brum in 78 for real , up to then it was mainly a London thing gradually spreading to the region's . Punk was still big there though right up to and after the mid 80's ......best hang out for punks being the Oasis store in the city centre , it was/is a series of indoor market stalls , very good for anything punk related back then . They were good days , a record store there was usually where I got my Stranglers demo disks from , I think they also had the Japanese singles imports , it was either there or Rockers records .
All quiet ..........
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 09:11What a rotter ...........who actually says that ?
Indeed, it's like something from the Bash Street Kids innit?
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

StanInBlack wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 20:14
Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 09:11What a rotter ...........who actually says that ?
Indeed, it's like something from the Bash Street Kids innit?
We all said 'what a fucking rotter' back in those glorious, rat-infested seventies. It was Terry-Thomas with added vim. Come to think of it we used Vim scouring powder instead of anti-bacterial wipes. We also wore knotted hankies on our heads at the seaside. Steve was just being an upright Englishman.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .