Some good atmospheric tracks on that.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: NUMAN

Post by jason »

He's still getting good coverage on 6 Music. Wasn't he ignored a bit about 25 years ago by the music industry because he was a Tory?!!
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

He did have a period of time where he struggled for a while.
Music took a dive cos he chose the wrong direct(he’s the first to admit that)
Out of favour with music press and radio.
But back in last few years and this album “Intruder’
Getting lots of recognition.
Think the tour later will be blinding
Always a good night out.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

jason wrote: 22 May 2021, 13:04 He's still getting good coverage on 6 Music. Wasn't he ignored a bit about 25 years ago by the music industry because he was a Tory?!!
Not really. He was ignored by the record buying public from 1984 up to 1994 because he was making shit music. Then he discovered Depeche Mode's Songs of Faith and Devotion and Nine Inch Nails and started off on his current musical path, which I wish he would get off at times. He's made more albums with his current sound than he did with the sound that initially made him a household name.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
jason wrote: 22 May 2021, 13:04 He's still getting good coverage on 6 Music. Wasn't he ignored a bit about 25 years ago by the music industry because he was a Tory?!!
Not really. He was ignored by the record buying public from 1984 up to 1994 because he was making shit music. Then he discovered Depeche Mode's Songs of Faith and Devotion and Nine Inch Nails and started off on his current musical path, which I wish he would get off at times. He's made more albums with his current sound than he did with the sound that initially made him a household name.
You added to that Post!! But although it pains me to say it, you are right. The last 3 LPs have the same Song Structures and Melodies. If it ain't broke...don't fix it as they say. He's always awesome live and I've maybe seen 5 Times over the last few Years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 22 May 2021, 20:01 The last 3 LPs have the same Song Structures and Melodies. If it ain't broke...don't fix it as they say. He's always awesome live and I've maybe seen 5 Times over the last few Years.
I think sometimes he does his current sound well and other times not so well. For example, I think Sacrifice, Pure and Splinter are all really good records, Exile just feels like a less good Sacrifice and Savage just felt very much like Splinter II, although they all have some good songs on 'em. Apart from Jagged, which I think is an utterly terrible record.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote: 22 May 2021, 20:01 The last 3 LPs have the same Song Structures and Melodies. If it ain't broke...don't fix it as they say. He's always awesome live and I've maybe seen 5 Times over the last few Years.
I think sometimes he does his current sound well and other times not so well. For example, I think Sacrifice, Pure and Splinter are all really good records, Exile just feels like a less good Sacrifice and Savage just felt very much like Splinter II, although they all have some good songs on 'em. Apart from Jagged, which I think is an utterly terrible record.
Numan was interviewed on 6Music on Tom Robinson's Show this Evening. Should be up on Sounds App now.

Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Thanks
I was at work
Will try find it.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Halifax Linda wrote:Thanks
I was at work
Will try find it.
Just type in Now Playing in the Search Bar in the Sounds App and it will bring up last Night's Show: Guide to...Gary Numan and the Sound of the Numanoids.

paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Was just listening to 'Saints & Liars'. Isn't it just a reworking of the song 'My Name is Ruin' ? Quite like it. :smt035
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!